NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCR said:
i like how the display insert is still in the front wheel :lol:

Yeah...I laughed at that too.

I guess he was trying to show that it was still a new bike and had not been ridden or something.

Either that or he couldn't figure out how to remove it....ha ha! :lol:

I may have to go and plunk down some bread for the OP bike.. I do like the swoopy frame lines.. looks to have some real potential...

Rat Rod said:
It appeared that the cheapest parts on the bike were the pedals and the grips.

What was interesting was how large the frame was. I'm 5' 9" and when I stood next to it, the top bar was at my waist.

I sat on the seat and it made some cheap crunchy spring noises so the seat may be worthless too.

But for pete sakes....$109 is just flat cheap in my opinion.
I see a cool bike hiding in that! Big eyeroll at the "A L U M I N U M" decals! :lol: -Adam

Right before they redid the bike section at my local wally world they had all the huffy cranbrooks for 79.00 and they had a black one with green accents that looked really nice. I went back a couple days later and it was gone and they had redone the whole area. Guess i should have bought it while I was there. I haven't seen those tan color streamliner tires at my local wally world but I did buy some whitewall cruiser tires and i have to say they suck trying to put them on right out of the box. I'm going to try the leave them out in the sun trick next time. Also every time i go there it's all I can do not to buy that op bike. Someone here buy it and give a review :) Might just buy me one and change out the rear hub first thing.

I'm betting it's the same old crappy hubs we've had for a while. If you inspect, and correct, and put liberal amounts of REAL wheel bearing grease in them, they're OK for gentle to moderate use, or even semi performance by a user with a good feel for it. If you DON'T, it's 50-50 as to whether it lasts 3 weeks or 20 years. With ALL coaster hubs, you should do that regularly if you ride all season, or in wet or dusty conditions, or the bike sits completely unused for a long time, if you want maximum performance and longevity. OK, rant finished. :mrgreen:

i use these cheaper bikes as great jumoing off points. theres not a huge availibilty of real schwinns around here and whatever i do find has an insanely inflated pricetag on it. so screw that id rather get a complete bike i can work with than half a bike and empty pockets. i have big plans already for that OP.

Rat Rod said:
"Attention Wal-Mart shoppers....we have a rat rodder on aisle 9.....I repeat, a rat rodder on aisle 9....please move to the outer edge to avoid a collision." :lol:

"Also...we need an associate to the paint department to re-stock more black spraypaint..thank you."

Let me know when you get that OP Vanilla. I got some money burning a hole in my pocket for one of these bikes. I am just really really afraid of the rear hub as I plan on riding the bike every day after work. I guess I could regrease the hub as soon as i buy it and see how long that makes it work.

Found a Kulana Moon Dog Cruiser bike on my local cl tonight needs a new shifter cable. Anybody ever own one of these bikes? Are they worth having? They sold for 114 dollars at walmart in 07 from what I have been reading online. The seller wants 70 dollars for it.
Here is a link for a moon dog crusier with a motor on it. http://motorbicycling.com/f15/pics-my-7 ... -3513.html
Kulana Riveria Mens Cruiser for 60 dollars :D
http://hickory.craigslist.org/bik/1712000572.html
Any of these bikes worth having?
Pics of the bike thats for sell
KulanaMoonDogCruiserBike.jpg

KulanaMoonDogCruiserBike1.jpg

Whoa ! I saw this piece tonight !" Panama Jack"
http://www.huffy.com/Products/Product.a ... 4&subcat=9
Cool site,too.
Pretty KOOL in flat black , real and simulated Wood, decent decalz of Jack.
Extending chrome rack? Wow, crazy idea except for releasing knob.
Love the "wooden" gribs, all for $149 in CT. Okay I know it's probably cheap but it shows
our movement is changing some designs for the better. Good work, Rats !

Latest posts

Back