NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I would like to do. Just gotta find the parts at a descent price. Does the fork off the new Schwinn or Huffy fit on the old Shwinns? Then I would have everything I need ie. wheels, tires etc.

FunkyStickman, 10-4 on the Cranbrook welds. Took a closer look today
1333363265533.jpg

and from another Cranbrook
1333363257894.jpg

Also saw a nice looking Schwinn Clairmont for alot more money. Think it was $165.
1333363307820.jpg

Look at the sticker on the top of the bottom bracket on the non-drive side (left) of the different bikes at walmart, most have the same Pacific Bicycle sticker there. When I look at Walmart bikes I don't pay attention to the brand name since most of them come from the same factory.

yoothgeye said:
Tank,
You didn't take a photo of the whole bike... just parts! :x

Oops! Well, not a photo, but grabbed this from Huffy's website. Among other things, I wish the front fender was longer, so a light could be mounted on it. Actually, the fenders could both be longer.

HuffyRegatta.jpg

I'll do better next time.... :oops:

Cheers,
Dr. T

That OP is sweet! Just picked up a Huffy Sante Fe at Kmart for $52 on clearance. Looks like a return.
2012-04-02_16-56-12_738.jpg
2012-04-02_16-56-22_776.jpg

Also spotted a nice looking Schwinn Hurricane at Toys R Us on sale for $109.
2012-04-02_14-44-36_150.jpg

The Chinese "Schwinn" coaster bike bought a couple of years ago was noticeably better than the Huffy, it also cost noticeably more. (K-mart, but same merchandise.)

It's kinda funny that my wife doesn't understand why my shiny new bike will be a "donor" for my old Chicago Schwinn! I will have a rat bike and an old school rider for the price of one new bike! Two for one in my book.

I saw one of those electrics at one of te two Walmarts that surround my house today :shock: :D

yoothgeye said:
Think twice about getting a Wally World BMX with these wheels...

brokewheel.jpg

That would look cool as a continental kit spare on the back of your military sidecar.

Nice bike shoes!!!!

kingfish254 said:
That would look cool as a continental kit spare on the back of your military sidecar.

Nice bike shoes!!!!

I have another wheel for a spare.

I have these shoes because my wife is awesome.

Wow I think is one of the only few things from the cheaper bikes I have ever seen that was broken, I think once I saw a bike that supposed to have broke in half but it didn't look right.

My local Wal-Mart just restocked the bikes, I saw at least 10 that were new and interesting. Sorry if any of these are reposts. Here are some of the more interesting ones:

New 29er similar to the Onyx by Genesis, $149:
wal1.jpg

Flat Black Schwinn Cruiser did not have a price yet:
wal2.jpg

Schwinn Cruiser with rack for $129
wal3.jpg

Interesting looking Mongoose single-speed (not a fixie, if it was I'd buy it) for $149. Interesting bar treatment:
wal4.jpg

Also, it appears the short-lived partnership with DK BMX Bicycles is done with. Out of 150 bikes or so, I spied one lone DK General Lee. All others were gone. I can't believe they would sell out of them, wonder if they sent them back?

I wonder if Mongoose intended for the bars to be assembled that way or if they just have sombody cool working at your local Walmart?

Georgeediii said:
I wonder if Mongoose intended for the bars to be assembled that way or if they just have sombody cool working at your local Walmart?

Good point. The bike doesn't show up on Walmarts site.

I never realized that the racks that the bikes sit in slid out for easy viewing.

Latest posts

Back