NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART

mikesbikes36 said:
who cares how cheap and what they look like ...they have no class..... like a ratrod bike ....just chezzy lookin junk .......imho just what im sayin !!!!

You have to look at these bikes from the parts scavenging perspective. :D

As stated by jerryk earlier, a set of wheels and new tires can add up to what some of these bikes are going for.

StepChld said:
Rat Rod said:
I wish they would have made the stripe white and not beige, but it's a good start.
Agreed, I'm not into the whole "gum wall" look. :?
I buy every different color tire I can get my hands on. When I was a kid you had two choices - blackwall or whitewall. I'm amazed by all the different sizes, colors and treads of available tires today. I bought a pair of Specialized gumwalls when someone posted a sale link here and a few months later I got this crusty Monark that I steel wooled and clear sprayed and I really like the gumwalls on it. I've got more tires than bikes. Plus I bought a crap load of Kendas last year from their "weekly specials". I just match up the tires with the bike - great fun.

170E.jpg

yeah for the cost of putting together a wheelset, that seems reasonable. Plus you can swap or sell the leftover parts, and chop up the rest to make something more interesting! :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
cman said:

That's some funny stuff right there. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep! Kind of a shooting fish in a barrel review-What? The cheap Wally world China express bike has quality issues? Noooooooooo! :lol: (I like it though, and the Del mar! And when did Op stop making board shorts and start making bikes???? :shock: ) -Adam

yeah i suppose u guys r right ... would b worth it just for the tires n rims... maybe ill; have 2 go check out my local wally world and see whats happpnin ....

I saw a cool cranbrook with a panama jack theme, had a bottle opener on one of the fork legs.

Well if you look at these bikes as starting points, like another post stated, then a lot can be done with these bikes. Take the OP bike for example, imagine it lime green, 18" apes, stainless wheels with 12g spokes, chopper forks....or whatever. I get bikes because of the frames. If I like the frame design then I am in. It was unsettling when the blog showed the jacked up bearing cups.

I saw the blue cruiser at the Walmart here the other day. I haven't seen the Mongoose, or the OP cruiser. I do like the looks of the OP...

Shaggy

From what I can tell the OP seems to be a decent sized bike too....more in line with the Electras and Nirves maybe.

I'll have to go by there again and pull one out next time and bring my good camera. :mrgreen:

Cool.....looks very "Electra-fied". Chain and seat stays look nice and wide too. Only wish we could them here in Oz for that price :( .

It appeared that the cheapest parts on the bike were the pedals and the grips.

What was interesting was how large the frame was. I'm 5' 9" and when I stood next to it, the top bar was at my waist.

I sat on the seat and it made some cheap crunchy spring noises so the seat may be worthless too.

But for pete sakes....$109 is just flat cheap in my opinion.

Reading the reviews on the Wal-Mart site...sounds like the rear hub is junk...not surprising.

Someone already added an engine kit to one...

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

"Attention Wal-Mart shoppers....we have a rat rodder on aisle 9.....I repeat, a rat rodder on aisle 9....please move to the outer edge to avoid a collision." :lol:

Picked up a huffy cranbrook for the wifey, mommy's day gift :wink: . Had some parts leftover from previous builds so I added some 1.75 whitewalls, matching saddle/grips/saddlebag, 'ol skool generator light kit, and it looks pretty cool. Next up, springer up front and 5spd/drum brake hub swap in the rear.

I'm diggin that OP cruiser, hmmm

Latest posts

Back