NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SlowPed said:
My local Walmart sell the returns (after repairing them) for 50% off. I bought two off the Huffy Cranbrooks new for $44 each. When I got them home I found one had a broken spoke, so I called Huffy. They were out of the blue wheels so they sent me a red wheelset to replace one broken spoke. And of coure they didn't want the blue ones back. 15 cent spoke fixed it.

Two Cranbrooks and a red cruiser wheelset for $88. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them!

The also throw out any bike that requires any parts replacement. The literally take it apart and throw the parts into the dumpster. I offered to buy some of the parts, but they couldn't sell them to me. They get full credit from the manufacturer for throwing them way; it's more valuable than what they can sell the parts for. Kinda sad.

Where is this Walmart??? If it's close,I need to make a run in the van :D

DisabledCyclist said:
SlowPed said:
My local Walmart sell the returns (after repairing them) for 50% off. I bought two off the Huffy Cranbrooks new for $44 each. When I got them home I found one had a broken spoke, so I called Huffy. They were out of the blue wheels so they sent me a red wheelset to replace one broken spoke. And of coure they didn't want the blue ones back. 15 cent spoke fixed it.

Two Cranbrooks and a red cruiser wheelset for $88. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them!

The also throw out any bike that requires any parts replacement. The literally take it apart and throw the parts into the dumpster. I offered to buy some of the parts, but they couldn't sell them to me. They get full credit from the manufacturer for throwing them way; it's more valuable than what they can sell the parts for. Kinda sad.

I know right I never see that at mine id pick up a few of them myself, Ive got 3 cruisers that need new wheel sets

Xcruiser said:
Bought this today for 129.00,just wanted the rims,tires and bars.I cant buy them alone this cheap.
the rims are wide 2.125 like schwinn S-2 and have heavy duty spokes.Antique white 2.35 wide tires.
Frame has already been givin to a freind and the rest I will sell off to get a lil money back.
WALMART003.jpg

WALMART002.jpg

WALMART001.jpg

Truth is I cant really afford to buy as many bikes as i do but i work hard to keep my bike stash money lol.
darn it man .. I did the same thing .. got it for tires wheels and bars.. we are building twins

Henry morgan said:
Xcruiser said:
Bought this today for 129.00,just wanted the rims,tires and bars.I cant buy them alone this cheap.
the rims are wide 2.125 like schwinn S-2 and have heavy duty spokes.Antique white 2.35 wide tires.
Frame has already been givin to a freind and the rest I will sell off to get a lil money back.
WALMART003.jpg

WALMART002.jpg

WALMART001.jpg

Truth is I cant really afford to buy as many bikes as i do but i work hard to keep my bike stash money lol.
darn it man .. I did the same thing .. got it for tires wheels and bars.. we are building twins
lol sounds like it. I need to get pics of the frame with all schwinn parts on it,cranks,forks,27" schwinn rims etc. My friend has it.

dragnusa said:
DisabledCyclist said:
SlowPed said:

I know right I never see that at mine id pick up a few of them myself, Ive got 3 cruisers that need new wheel sets

This one is in San Marcos, Ca (North San Diego County). All of the others around here do the same thing, sometimes with 30 or 40% off. You really can't beat it for parts!

....not a Walmart bike, (got it at a Farm & Fleet store)....it's a retro- repro Schwinn 7 speed cruiser,
I replaced the seat with a Bell cruizer seat,...a very nice riding bike.
newbike017.jpg

SlowPed said:

This one is in San Marcos, Ca (North San Diego County). All of the others around here do the same thing, sometimes with 30 or 40% off. You really can't beat it for parts!

Do you have to ask for the discounted bikes, or are they on display? I've never seen 'scratch N dent/ open box buys' at my Walmarts.

clerkkent said:
Do you have to ask for the discounted bikes, or are they on display? I've never seen 'scratch N dent/ open box buys' at my Walmarts.

Most Walmarts just send back damaged or returned bikes. My friend bought one of the Genesis 29ers and cut the bars and removed the kickstand and chainring guard, etc... Had it a few months then they got the Mongoose 29er and he cleaned up the bike and took it back to the store and traded it +$20 for the Mongoose. His bike never went back on the racks.

I bought a bike for my daughter years ago, was supposed to about $75 but at the register it came up $50, not marked anywhere on it.

If you see a scratch or something wrong on a bike that you are going to buy, find the manager and you can usually very easily get at least 10% off. Employee discount is 10%, so they are still making money easy, sometimes you can get even more off. I've seen customers in the bike section just ask for a price and get it.

Basically, if you keep your mouth shut, you will pay full price.

EXCLUSIVELY AT WALMART

Saw this today, it's cute, I'd get it for my daughter, but not for $120, maybe if it had cooler tires (like a slick) and a springer like on the BFK.

0323121237.jpg

0323121237a.jpg

0323121238.jpg

Did not see a boys option, I doubt there will be one as most boys now riding a 20" bike want a BMX style bike.

Available online as well, only a girl's model:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-20-Gi ... e/19582532

It also only shows a girls bike on Schwinn's site too and it might be because they just did the Krates.

The one in the pics you took have a different sissy bar instead of the ones in Walmart & Schwinn's site pictures.

kngtmat said:
It also only shows a girls bike on Schwinn's site too and it might be because they just did the Krates.

The one in the pics you took have a different sissy bar instead of the ones in Walmart & Schwinn's site pictures.

Yeah, looks like a taller sissy bar in the photos. it also has a black snowflake chainring in the Schwinn photo, which is the exact chainring on the Schwinn Scorcher 16" BMX I just bought my son. I'm sure they take those photos "pre-production"

Picked this up today at my local (San Marcos, CA) Walmart.
wm1.jpg

wm2.jpg

The only thing I can find wrong with it is a cap on the crank arm is missing.

And for the person who asked, at my local Walmart they have the discount bikes in the garden center, unless it's raining. Then they move them inside. They have big ((16"+/-) "Clearance" tags on them as well.

SlowPed said:
I'm almost afraid to go to Walmart anymore. Everytime I go I come home with another bike. This is number 5!

That's not necessarily a bad thing. And for the price you'd be doing good to get two tires.

Anodized coaster brake wheelset: $80
Rim Strips: $2 each
Blackwall cruiser tires: $20 each

Buying the wheelset for under $40 and getting the rest of the bike for free... PRICELESS

Saw this Huffy Regatta at my Wallyworld tonight, 26 x 2.35 brown tires with a cream pinstripe, cream pedal inserts, 3 speed Nexus coaster , nice wide rims, 3 piece crankset, nice seat, canvas panniers, interesting handlebar..$199, not too bad.

sorry for the poor cell phone pics

9946f6f1.jpg

28ec9c17.jpg

9cb7997d.jpg

0d1f6a17.jpg

f022c073.jpg

64b22d28.jpg

f695379e.jpg

d4857a93.jpg

9dee88b0.jpg

c646e676.jpg

I like the green and cream combo, if it had a tank, I'd buy it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back