new stretch build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty sure this belongs here.......

Here's my new stretch cruiser build.

Frame designed by me, being built by goCruisergo, from Detroit. Midrise apes also by goCruisergo. 26x3" wheels with Sturney Duomatic 2 speed hub and white wall tires from classic cycles in Germany, Brooks B-33 saddle, and leather grips. Forks are O'Malley Girder, with motorcycle style risers.

Picture of the frame, almost fully assembled.

image hosting tumblr

I'm going with a metallic burnt orange paint scheme, but I'm still debating on the color combos; took the kids pencil crayons and colored in my drawing of the bike, a few different options, appreciate your feedback.

orange frame, white wheels, white forks, white bars, black risers, white gussets

screengrab

orange frame, orange fork, white wheels, bars, gussets

image upload no limit

orange frame, forks, wheels, gusset, white bar, and black risers

image shack

ANd finally, orange frame, forks, wheels, gusset, and bars, with black risers

img

I like the orange frame and fork with white bars, gusset and wheels...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

mazdawg78 said:
Love it. But I love orange too. Going white spokes and hubs?

Spokes and hubs are black; as is the crank, headset and bottom bracket. Pedals and chain are white.

I'm loving the orange to, and as I was coloring the drawing, I just kept adding color.....kind of leaning towards more than less.....

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm excited to see the finished frame, but from the picture, it looks exactly as I had envisioned it.....Todd and Stacy at goCruisergo are awesome, check them out on their FB page if you aren't familiar with their work already, go show them some love :D

https://www.facebook.com/goCRUISERgo

sweet build the color contrast is sharp the frame is original those bars are sweet and Omally makes badaaa parts man.. nice bike it will be, also the welds look great.

still waiting for the forks to get sorted out, have a temp pair on the way, ordered in a set of the classic springers in black just to get me rolling until the forks are finally ready....but in the mean time, I started putting things together, starting to get a good feel for how it's going to look; so very excited :mrgreen:

image sharing

I thought about using whitewalls in combination with white rims too, but didn't know whether it'd look good. But now I've seen this :shock: It's awesome, not only the wheel combo, but the whole bike. professional build 8)

Well, she's almost finished. The forks are a temp set, my proper forks are a custom set being built right now, but I couldn't wait any longer to get riding....then again, this quick solution turned out to be it's own project as well. Apparently these forks do not fit over the 3" wide wheels I'm running, despite the assurances from the ebay seller that they would. However, a bit of creative problem solving, and few trips to Home Depot, we had them working; not the ideal solution, but I really just wanted to get riding, I'll live with the compromise till the bike is finished.

One thing I am thinking about now though, I'm sort of liking the look of those black forks, debating on whether to paint the new ones black as well, or go with my original plan of painting them to match the frame?? Thoughts??

Got a bit of sunshine for some of these pics, really brings out the color; thanks for looking

screen shot windows

screen cap

20mb image hosting

imag

Latest posts

Back