New Southern Chick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was bike day! Cranked up the tunes in the garage, moved 36 feet of Cadillac out of my way and scattered tools to the four winds. Then got the kid, two weenie dogs and a hose pipe. Had a blast scrubbing bikes and making a mess!

Here's the Ross soaking in CLR and a pic after I installed a dynamo taillight....

Bikes-1_2.jpg

Bikes-1_3.jpg

Bikes-1_1.jpg

Here's my Star Spangled after installing a dynamo powered Schwinn headlight/taillight combo. Needs a chain and the rear wheel trued...

Bikes-1_6.jpg

And my Schwinn Lil Chik. Looking for accessories for this one!

Bikes-1_7.jpg

I remember seeing your bug on Samba. Love the square too. I have a 65 beetle.
beetle2.jpg

beetle1.jpg

Welcome to the bike and dub club! 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
I remember seeing your bug on Samba. Love the square too. I have a 65 beetle.
beetle2.jpg

beetle1.jpg

Welcome to the bike and dub club! 8)

Ha ha! Small world! Clean, sweet bug! I'm loving the red in the headlight buckets! What kind of hubcaps are those???

I'm trying to find a way to make me a bike carrier that mounts to my roof rack so I can carry a couple of my bikes. LOL!

Hubcaps are Porsche 356 with Moon equipment bullets and 39 Ford trim rings on stock wide 5 smoothies. Good luck with the roof carrier. I am working on on as well. Building a Krate to match the bug so I gotta be able to take it along. Bug don't see to much road lately, but I can't let it go. 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
Hubcaps are Porsche 356 with Moon equipment bullets and 39 Ford trim rings on stock wide 5 smoothies. Good luck with the roof carrier. I am working on on as well. Building a Krate to match the bug so I gotta be able to take it along. Bug don't see to much road lately, but I can't let it go. 8)

I understand that. I just dropped a frankenstien 1835 into my bug but I've got carb issues and it's so loud I can't drive it without risking a ticket for noise pollution! :lol:

I'm trying to find baffles to fix that!

For your 'dont try this at home' file, I ran a similar scooter to your Sting Ray on a gravity run, got paced at 25mph + before it got 'kinda unstable' :shock:
No unload, but it was the one & only run on that !

gcrank1 said:
For your 'dont try this at home' file, I ran a similar scooter to your Sting Ray on a gravity run, got paced at 25mph + before it got 'kinda unstable' :shock:
No unload, but it was the one & only run on that !

I did a gravity run ONCE. And I mean ONCE. We used to ride offroad on some pretty brutal trails. I had a Raleigh hybrid. One of our group told us about this sweet downhill run. He suckered us into it. There were a few homemade bikes, a couple of recumbents and a handful of people on hybrids like ours. I had a speedo on my bike and I saw 22mph before I was like " Oh F*********!!!!!!" Wrong bike, wrong safety gear, wrong idea. I had to replace my brake shoes.

I will admit it was fun until I looked down at my speedo. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ChrisMac said:
Squareback and a Beetle? Loving you guys more and more each post.

for sure, I have to agree. I may just move my fam out there to have cool friends like you guys. geez :mrgreen:

New addition. The original rear wheel is being re-spoked. I'll need new clutch cable to hook the shifter back up, but I've been cruising around the powdercoat shop on it. :lol:

downsized_1024121243_zpscb631026.jpg

8)
OutlawAlice said:
New addition. The original rear wheel is being re-spoked. I'll need new clutch cable to hook the shifter back up, but I've been cruising around the powdercoat shop on it. :lol:

downsized_1024121243_zpscb631026.jpg

that thing is sweet. and it looks pretty comfortable too... 8)

Endlesschain said:
welcome and nice dubs too,whats the black beast lurking in the garage?

Thank you! :D

The black beast is hubby's 51 caddy. It's sweet! 5 inch chop, lots of drops and channeling. Original drivetrain but wuth a 58 caddy tri-power. Here's a full pic..

IMG_7399-Sm.jpg

Endlesschain said:
that is a beeeuuuuty,suble and mean,to me she/he? says "im nice to look at,but watch out,I bite" awesome ride

:lol: :lol:

Her name is Betty Bottomfeeder. And you nailed her exactly. She has a sinister look especially going down the road. Her front bumper is only about 3 inches off the asphalt.

Latest posts

Back