New Southern Chick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I found the bike place of dreams....

bikes2_01.jpg

bikes2_02.jpg

bikes2_03.jpg

bikes2_04.jpg

bikes2_05.jpg

bikes2_06.jpg

bikes2_07.jpg

bikes2_08.jpg

It was stormy outside. So we opened the garage door and worked with our bikes and then rode them in the rain. Bliss. :lol:

bikes2_09.jpg

bikes2_17.jpg

bikes2_18.jpg

And hubby got me an original Schwinn dynamo set! i just need to research how to install it and make sure it works. :D

bikes2_14.jpg

bikes2_15.jpg

I'm a little late on the welcome ... but Welcome :)

The lights in the first post, the light on the stick looks like a delta brand light from the lens they made boat marker lamps as well as bicycle lamps, I've never seen one on a bike but anything is possible. They were usually battery powered though, was the front lamp wired ?

Welcome!

The generator uses the bike as it's ground. There's a little phillips head screw that helps it make contact with the frame so you dont have to scrape the paint to make a good contact. The 2 wires that go in the bottom of the generator are both positive polarity, one to the headlight and one to the taillight.

Great looking wagon too.

big kountry said:
really liking the vdub's in the pics too

:D Thank you! I am a die hard dubber. I built my bug from a bare bones shell and a mistmatched pile of parts. I have an entire build thread on the Samba. Heck, I even have my original VW key pattern tattooed on me. If anybody is interested, here's the link to my build thread which I keep updated at all times. Considering you never stop building a Volkswagen..... :oops:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 97&start=0

I saw the squareback at a local show. I started working on my hot rod husband to turn him into a dubber. :lol: He's been with me from the start with my bug and even had a bug when I met him. A few months later we brought it home. Original papers and all. Both of us and even our son love old cars, bikes or well, pretty much all good old vintage stuff. But, here's the queen of the Addiction with Wheels collection....

IMG_7399-Sm.jpg

CCR said:
I'm a little late on the welcome ... but Welcome :)

The lights in the first post, the light on the stick looks like a delta brand light from the lens they made boat marker lamps as well as bicycle lamps, I've never seen one on a bike but anything is possible. They were usually battery powered though, was the front lamp wired ?

It is! And it is battery powered but the light bulb has fused into the plate that looks like a washer. It doesn't work on my muscle bikes but yesterday, it occured to me that it would be cool to use it like a fender guide on a car mounted on the back of hubby's red cruiser, but the bolt end that sticks out where the rear rack is mounted is much larger than the hole in the post the light is mounted on. Hubby is debating drilling it out to make it fit, but is worried about damaging its integrity. So that is requiring some thought for now.

The front lamp still had the original fabric wrapped wires for the generator attached. I mounted it on my Ross and removed the wires. I'm interested in seeing about mounting a battery pack inside the housing since the switch is on top of the housing. More thinking and plotting...

I have a third light. I haven't posted it yet. Hubby got me a mint Royce headlight. Only the headlight, so I need to find a bracket and figure out how to light it up. I think I want to mount it on my blue Royce Union. Seemed fitting. :lol:

ChrisMac said:
Squareback and a Beetle? Loving you guys more and more each post.

HA HA! The only thing that keeps me from having more veedubs is cash and real estate!

largek9 said:
Whoa! Backup Alice ,What is that fenced play ground of bicycle goodness all about ? :shock: and I love your red tank bike! Tom.

Those pics don't even scratch the surface!!! Lucky Bike is a bike rescue shop. Everything is for sale. Entire bikes and parts. Some are even used for parting out. He keeps old school parts in stock and also repairs, builds and customizes anything. You name it, he does it. I've only picked out a dozen bikes, but the tandem with the baby seat mounted on the back has my entire attention. I'm thinking of building a couple of my bikes up and trading (maybe?) for that tandem.

OutlawAlice said:
big kountry said:
really liking the vdub's in the pics too

:D Thank you! I am a die hard dubber. I built my bug from a bare bones shell and a mistmatched pile of parts. I have an entire build thread on the Samba. Heck, I even have my original VW key pattern tattooed on me. If anybody is interested, here's the link to my build thread which I keep updated at all times. Considering you never stop building a Volkswagen..... :oops:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 97&start=0

I saw the squareback at a local show. I started working on my hot rod husband to turn him into a dubber. :lol: He's been with me from the start with my bug and even had a bug when I met him. A few months later we brought it home. Original papers and all. Both of us and even our son love old cars, bikes or well, pretty much all good old vintage stuff. But, here's the queen of the Addiction with Wheels collection....

IMG_7399-Sm.jpg
cool thread on your build digging yalls addiction

Sup 'South C'
Diggin the Backdrop of Vdubz...boyz from the 8 8) 8 are DieHard Vdub followers!! Also Liking that JunkYard bike Lot stuff!! :mrgreen:

HA HA! Thank you largek9! That pic was before I took a grinder to the car for my "un-paint" job. I'm putting a big motor in my bug in the next week or so, but I'm going to need to find a way to mount a bike to my roof rack. Hmmmm...... :?

HA! Those are old pics! Well, the Ross is the one I want to mount and it's longer than the roof rack.

Latest posts

Back