1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

New Soapbox Car

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by gowjobs, Jul 18, 2010.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

Spent the last three days thrashing on my new soapbox car. It isn't done, but save for brakes, it's driveable.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the quality of the pics, but the sun was already down when I shot these.

2. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Looks good :wink: I like those rear tires, it makes it look real cool :mrgreen:

3. Markm

Markm

WOW!!!!
    Cool!!!!

4. jonvo4591

jonvo4591

Needs a little V-twin in the engine bay ;)

very cool nonetheless!

5. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

Is that hood off of a David Bradley walk behind tractor?

Looks cool!

6. gowjobs

gowjobs

DING DING DING!

Absolutely correct! I scored it a few years back for $25, and have been saving it for such a project ever since. That little T-bucket body came from an old quarter midget project that was excavated at a construction site near a buddy's house a few years back. I finally put the two together in a new frame made out of 4"x1" .120" rectangular tubing.

7. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

I spot just about any kind of tractor stuff from a mile away haha.
    Just have to ask, when you say you scored it do you mean the whole machine or just the hood?

8. gowjobs

gowjobs

Nah, just the hood. Found it at a swap meet, and figured I'd have a project for something that looked that cool, sooner or later.

9. gowjobs

gowjobs

Just about done... racing on Sunday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

That's cool!. Nice work. Anxious to see photos/videos from the race.

I'd never heard of those Bradley things till I spotted this one at a Peddlers swap a couple years ago
    [​IMG]

11. g-ratter

g-ratter

The question is do you have to push it up the hill first?

12. that is sweet, I'd make a bracket for a bolt on briggs to use in the off season.... :wink:

13. gowjobs

gowjobs

Nope - just have to be able to unload it from the truck by myself. Race was good today, but my lack of prep bit me in the hiney. I should have over-inflated the rear slicks and added a brake pedal stop to keep it from returning over-center, preventing the return spring from slightly engaging the brakes on the reverse-throw of the linkage. I had to keep slight pressure on the pedal to keep the right rear brake from rubbing slightly. As it was, I was back near the back of the pack, but had a great ride, anyway.