~~~~NEW SITE~~~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,
I noticed something about the site today and not sure if its been mentioned before... but when a link is posted and clicked on, it uses your current open browser to open the link. It doesnt open a new window. You may want to consider changing that so ppl dont get lost and lose the site if they accidently stumbled upon it in the first place. Makes sense?

i.e. http://www.cagepotato.com/2007/11/20/fi ... va-ufc-78/

I hear ya on the link issue.

Apparently the guys who code this software aren't into links opening in other windows anymore. :cry:

Looking through their support data they recommend holding the Ctrl key down when clicking on links in the forum.

I guess this opens the URL in another window or tab.

I personally like them to open up in another window automatically.

But hey, at least smilies show up where your cursor is now instead of putting them at the end of the message every time! :lol:

Rat Rod said:
Looking through their support data they recommend holding the Ctrl key down when clicking on links in the forum.
I guess this opens the URL in another window or tab.
I think it's the Shift key (for WIndows).

My notifications still aren't working. I got a couple of them, but then they stopped.

Hugo

It must be a bug of some kind.

I have been receiving emails to tell me when I receive any PMs or if a new member joins.

I never subscribe to threads because I check them all anyway.

Is everyone having the same trouble with notifications not working?

The new site is working fine, I don' t use notifications all that much. My only problem is logging in at home and the slowness. I have Clearwire for my ISP and the site runs slow. The Ratrod title banner pops up right away and the bottom takes upto 20 secs. At work( :oops: ), the site runs fast and normal on Cable.

It would be interesting how other's speed is-on cable,dsl, dialup, wireless(Clearwire)

the forum. the top black banner area comes up fast. the light grey message/list area is what comes up slow. Clearwire is listed at 1.5Mbs down and 256K up.

Interesting...I run the same speed DSL at home and don't have any forum slow down issues. I do have home page slow down because of the 2 Flash movies running....need to adjust something there to solve the loading speed.

Thanks for the heads up!

Search function sucks?

The new site rules, but I don't think the Search function is up to par. It might just be my damaged brain from all that tv watching, but I can't find anything with the search button! :? It's like the old posts are invisible.

Hugo

I thought the new search was better, showed the exact post your search word was in rather than makin ya search thru the whole thread. only used it a few times tho and the results werent many.

Is anyone getting a pop up window when a new PM arrives?

This is an option in each user's settings, but mine has never worked and it says that pop ups are turned on in my settings.

disp19.jpg

Latest posts

Back