New School "moving to finished"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New School "cockpit"

That is one sweet looking ride I am digging the handlebars and brake lever choice where did though unique bars from I have a build that would look great with a set of bars like that......

Re: New School "cockpit"

bighit said:
anyone see whats going on here?

index.cgi

Nothing shows for me.
If I follow your link it says
"Guests are not allowed to download attac"

Re: New School "???"

bighit said:
sometimes tapatalk pics work for me and sometimes they dont.
In addition to an internal gear hub I am running the cables internally to clean this bike up.

so here is the hole plugged.
7162739385_acbf8cfbe8_b.jpg

And wouldn't you know it I scratched the paint :x

You gotta throw down a little electric tape on your frame before you drill on paint!

Re: New School "internal cables"

oh my gosh, this bike is so cool it makes me want to quit building mine. I give up.

Re: New School "plumbing"

How about put some white lithium grease on the cable housing so that if it does spin it won't chew it up.

What if you welded a channel onto the spacer, like a cable guide, then the spacer wouldn't move for sure, and if it did it would just destroy the cable all at once and you'd immediately know if it was moving.

How about JB Weld a small nut on standing up on the bottom and then just use a tie wrap to pull it down.

the spacer is supposed to snug up with the bearings, they spacers keeps the bearings from being pinched. if the spacer isnt "snug" with the other cup installed it will just rattle around lose in there. If thats how it is, just dont tighten the cranks completely,but i would put some of that blue loctite on the crank bolts to keep them in place. I like kingfish's suggestion though for the best solve on the routing.

How about cutting a piece of steel, copper or aluminim tubing about 5-6" long that fits over the cable and fish it through both sides of the crank tube. Then give it a slight bend to keep it away from the crank? Or you could get a solar panels that charges your smart phone that has a clapper switch app that when your teeth chatter so loudly ( because of panic mode) that it senses a clap so it sends a signal to A two way high frequency radio that sends a 3 milliamp signal to a relay that activates a 300oz servo and pulls the second half of your brake cable that you had to cut off because my first idea didnt seem like such a good idea at the time?

imagearchy said:
Or you could get a solar panels that charges your smart phone that has a clapper switch app that when your teeth chatter so loudly ( because of panic mode) that it senses a clap so it sends a signal to A two way high frequency radio that sends a 3 milliamp signal to a relay that activates a 300oz servo and pulls the second half of your brake cable that you had to cut off because my first idea didnt seem like such a good idea at the time?

ENGINEER THINKING

bighit said:
i got a great anonymous tip to place a second spacer over it slightly larger so it will allow the first one sitting on the axle to spin freely. my original spacer is snug and i dont think its moving at all, but i dont need any break problems.

That's genius right there :) No kidding man, loving the bar end levers and the hidden lines too, it's hard to imagine the bike with normal levers now that you've showed it off !!!

imagearchy said:
How about cutting a piece of steel, copper or aluminim tubing about 5-6" long that fits over the cable and fish it through both sides of the crank tube. Then give it a slight bend to keep it away from the crank? Or you could get a solar panels that charges your smart phone that has a clapper switch app that when your teeth chatter so loudly ( because of panic mode) that it senses a clap so it sends a signal to A two way high frequency radio that sends a 3 milliamp signal to a relay that activates a 300oz servo and pulls the second half of your brake cable that you had to cut off because my first idea didnt seem like such a good idea at the time?

Do you work in the dashboard division at GM? :p :lol:

Re: New School "Off the Chain"

Nice coaster!

Latest posts

Back