New School "moving to finished"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New School "welded up"

Money well spent ($500)...I remember when you signed up to take a welding course, NOT long ago. Your welds look great! You're showing people, it CAN be done. NICE job!

Re: New School "Hubs"

bighit said:
$500. Is all. I just sold all the bike stuff I was hording and not using.

Mine used Lincoln was $180 about 4 years ago, I guess $500 is a good deal for what you got, but that's a lot of money to me! haha I'm sure it's a lot to you too, but my car only cost $600.

Re: New School "Slow and Low"

bighit said:
they are off to be built today. ***note i am not building the wheels** just so everyone knows. sorry i just have no desire to learn.
It took my 3 hours to learn to lace a wheel. But now it takes 20min thanks to youtube!
But in your defence i hesitated for 25years to try it.

Re: New School "Rims Are Here!"

Hey what happened on the bike ride on Sunday. I was there I must've just missed y'all. If you ride again let me know. Oh that bike is Killa!! GTB Peace

Those parts are pure sexiness!

Very nice stuff :shock: Should be sweet once built 8) 8)

Re: New School "welded up"

bighit said:
bighit said:
a brief time out for a quick ride with UGV, Hickone and the Jersey Devils.
Beastie Tunes inside. SFW
https://vimeo.com/42156992

Jake are you serious! I wish I knew you were going I would have given you my number so we could have hooked up.

Check the video. We have a new hope ride on June 10th.

New Hope, PA?

Re: New School "Hubs"

Did you try a stainless steel nut. Threads on a nut should not be that easy to melt unless the nut was cheap zinc.
bighit said:
well i tried to mount the nut on the bottom of the gusset before i welded it in and it didnt pan out. it kept melting the threads. so after 3 tries i gave up. apparently i am not there with my welding skills yet.

here is the gusset all welded in.

7198081420_ca5a671401_b.jpg

i lost the whole weekend trying to get it right, but i think this will do.

7198082146_bc6c661270_b.jpg

all i have to do now is go to a friends house and use his MIG welder to lay down some welds on the underside because i couldnt get my TIG in there.

cranks are here and rims should be here today as well. its getting serious now.

Re: New School "Duck cuz here it comes!"

Next time try heat the flat gusset with most of the heat. Travel up to the nut quickly and add filler. Just do a few tack welds like that and it should be good.

You could have added some steel stock below and just tapped that. Some blue lock-tite and you would be good.

Re: New School "Duck cuz here it comes!"

look at you doing it BIG!!! with that rear hub and rims :roll: .. id hate to see whats next..... :lol: im lying i cant wait... :mrgreen:

Re: New School "Get Cranky!"

Nice.I'm about 20 Min.away from Profile. I love going there and drooling...plus no shipping! :D
-Kreep-

Sweet!! New car smelling parts! Show me more! Peace

bighit said:
nice, sweet deals on blems and seconds. :wink:

Gotta love the blems and seconds :D ..........The rims I'm using on my build this year are seconds. I bought 3 sets a couple of years ago for $50 pair.......The powder coating has a mark or two....only need a quick touch up with a sharpie or paint pen and you can't even notice :D

Profile's Medera line doesn't have that ugly stamping in them. I hate to pay for someone elses advertising. I have 6 or 7 sets of Profiles and they all have a half ..... stamping in them.

Latest posts

Back