New School "moving to finished"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Hater! 5/2 Spread EM!

bighit said:
There is a reason I called this bike the Hater, it's because I hate it. I am going to use my 1 frame swap allowance. The hater has been on the shelf for two years so a little more won't hurt it.

My new frame is new school. It's my very first bike I ever posted here, a Nerve Kilroy. I am going for the same silhouette but this will be new school it may be a hot in the foot, but it will bring new idea and style to RRB for sure.

I like new ideas, bring it out.

Re: The Hater! 5/2 Spread EM!

OMG, step on the gas pedal hard and watch that engine jump right out of the car!

bighit said:
tumblr_m31y70BwZ01r2jpwqo1_1280.jpg

Re: New School (Frame Change)

I'd just remove the rear bridges completely.
Unless you need them for fender mounts.

Watching while M.I.A. in Southeast Asia.

Even with them being very rigid, imagine the forces of riding this bike and leaning into a turn. Without the additional bracing they would have a tendency to sway, steel is forgiving, but it could cause rubbing.

Re: New School "WE Have Fat Bike"

The old bait and switch I see .... :wink: Did the same to a steel huffy frame sticking a nexus 4 in it, tried to do the "plug" thing but ending up welding flat stock to it instead.

Cool 8). I was initially looking for a set of Black Floyds for my build, but they were gonna cost me over $300 for the pair in Australia :shock: . Thought about it for a while, then decided against it.

MplsCoaster said:
The Fat Tire War was just escalated. Nice Job!!
YEAH, WHAT HE SAID!! IN THE WORDS OF A WISE MAN(MOE HOWARD) HEY, SPREAD OUT!! :D PEACE

Re: New School "Jacked It Up"

You could rob the BB off an OCC StingRay. The rear on those is wider than what I think you're trying to squeeze into your frame, that BB would definitely be wide enough.

I'm lovin' this build so far, keep it up.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Vey cool, Those tires are going to look amazing.

SWEEEEEEET!!! 8) Love them fat tires!

bighit said:
I still have to account for the 78mm wide bottom bracket. Most fat bikes take a 100mm bottom bracket to clear the fat tire. I can tell you that the cranks hit the frame now and I have to get new ones, but which ones?
Thats in the next class :wink: that is why it's called new school.

Mountain bike cranks usually are well offset. Then just take off the smaller rings.

Latest posts

Back