New project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kingfish I hope it makes it to something cool.

Chips yours looked good, Wish I had those mags. They were cheap and plentiful back in the day. Not anymore.

Well I ordered a fuel pump , that one was where the oil leak was. Must have a seal or something out. Didn't leak gas just oil. Tore the steering wheel apart and the blinker switch is bad , that is why the brake lights didn't work. So till I find more parts , the only progress is digress. :roll: I love tearing old stuff apart in the morning......smells like victory.
Oh Steve I did spend several hours looking online for the turn signal switch. Its discontinued and the only one I could find is $145 on Ebay.....NOT. I will change to a later model steering column before I spend that much.

Skipton that was such a pain that the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures of the event.
I wanted to get it unloaded and return the friends car hauler. That was the heaviest trailer
I ever drug across Texas. :shock:

Uncle Stretch said:
Skipton that was such a pain that the last thing I wanted to do was take pictures of the event.
I wanted to get it unloaded and return the friends car hauler. That was the heaviest trailer
I ever drug across Texas. :shock:

Understood. :wink:

KJV said:
that thing needs a small block Chevy .
built ford tough with Chevy stuff. :mrgreen:
Blasphemy!

It needs something. Not sure just what at this point. After spending hours online looking for a stupid discontinued blinker switch , I'm about ready to revert to my roots and start putting what I like instead of the original parts. A nice tilt camero column would look nice in there. If I had the room I would stick a small block in it or at least a v 6.with 200 HP would probably make this puppy move. Clip the frontend. Instead I have to wait for my original fuel pump for another day.

I'd find a 240 or 300, use a split intake manifold, dual carbs, split headers, adapt an AOD to it, lower it a couple inches and have a blast! Alot of torque out of those straight 6's! Of course now I want to go look for one to cruise around in and relive my youth.... :wink:

Ah the stuff dreams are made from. Skipton I think its the first one. Mac's has a rebuild kit but not the whole thing. I called. Its hard to tell on the first one. It has a little different plastic thing to make it hit something on the steering shaft to cancel it. I ordered an aftermarket one. Its one that just fits on the column with a hose clamp. Its cheap and also gives you 4 way flashers.
It needed something like this in the back. I could even live with it in the bed. I have a real truck to haul stuff.
hrdp_1012_07_o1954_nash_metropolitancustom_framerails.jpg

I still miss my Corvair Greenbriar van. The body was too far gone for me to save though. I'd love to find another to continue my dream project though. "The Greenbriar Tire Fryer" :mrgreen:

I searched everywhere and never could find a blinker switch. I bought a universal one that mounts to the column $42 shipped. I finally got it all hooked up today. Everything works and now I have 4 way flashers too. Dosen't look too bad in there.

DSCF0001-89.jpg

DSCF0002-81.jpg

Those pics sure do bring back some memories. I had forgotten about the ignition bein in the left, the E-brake in front of the engine cover, and all those knobs! I do remember that I never had a working has gauge in mine, even after swapping it out a couple times an the sender at least once! This is making me want to get one again........ :cry:

Was a guy on the H.A.M.B. that had a van for sale . It was really nice. Had a 350 /350 setup.
It looked like he did a good job , so a small block chevy will fit in one. He wanted $12000
and now it looks like its on cl for $8000. From the looks of it , someone would get a good deal at the 8
I'm down to just my steering box and carb needing rebuilding, and then its drive it some.
Should be fun.

Latest posts

Back