New Guy with New Bike. OK, not new but... you know.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all.

I recently acquired an early 50s (I'm guessing) Monkey Ward Hawthorne bike. I'ma gonna do .... to it. Right now, it has a fine accenting of surface rust on it, what you'se artsy-fartsies call "patina" ;-) I think before I fix it up, I will simply put on new tires, a Brooks leather saddle, and high rise handle bars. I will do a ride or to with my local bar-hopping bike group, and get some pics if it that way, before I modify it. I have been collecting bikes for a while. My nicest is a '72 Schwinn Super Sport. This would be rivaled by my "79 Bottecchia, had I not disassembled and scattered the pieces in boxes throughout my house. I never cease to be amazed at what kind a dork i can be. If anyone here is in the Denver area, so am I.

Mark B.

Thanks for the welcome, Coaster. The Wednesday night rides are a great time. I have not ridden with them in more than a year. I've just been doing other stuff. I will have to start riding with them again.

markb said:
Hey all.

I recently acquired an early 50s (I'm guessing) Monkey Ward Hawthorne bike. I'ma gonna do poop to it. Right now, it has a fine accenting of surface rust on it, what you'se artsy-fartsies call "patina" ;-) Mark B.

if you poop on it .. covers the"patina" .. but I guess to each his own.. :oops: welcome

Latest posts

Back