1. In an effort to create a new clean RRB email newsletter list we're asking folks to re-subscribe. Don't miss out on the latest news, products and reviews. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE!

New Guy with New Bike. OK, not new but... you know.

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by markb, May 23, 2012.

1. markb

markb

0   0   0

Hey all.

I recently acquired an early 50s (I'm guessing) Monkey Ward Hawthorne bike. I'ma gonna do .... to it. Right now, it has a fine accenting of surface rust on it, what you'se artsy-fartsies call "patina" ;-) I think before I fix it up, I will simply put on new tires, a Brooks leather saddle, and high rise handle bars. I will do a ride or to with my local bar-hopping bike group, and get some pics if it that way, before I modify it. I have been collecting bikes for a while. My nicest is a '72 Schwinn Super Sport. This would be rivaled by my "79 Bottecchia, had I not disassembled and scattered the pieces in boxes throughout my house. I never cease to be amazed at what kind a dork i can be. If anyone here is in the Denver area, so am I.

Mark B.

2. MplsCoaster

MplsCoaster

0   0   0

3. markb

markb

0   0   0

Thanks for the welcome, Coaster. The Wednesday night rides are a great time. I have not ridden with them in more than a year. I've just been doing other stuff. I will have to start riding with them again.

4. Henry morgan

Henry morgan

0   0   0

if you poop on it .. covers the"patina" .. but I guess to each his own.. :oops: welcome