NEW FORUM SOFTWARE LIVE

Apr 1, 2014
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I made a reply on a post and later I returned to the page and it was at the bottom like I forgot to post it but as you can see it was posted previously. wierd.
double posts1.jpg

Other than that It's great!

Aug 25, 2012
Montréal Canada (Québec)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , wow it has changed since i left, i like it! well unlike 1 single thing ... is there a dark mode? or a way to have a background? i mostly read and post this forum late in the day and this white is brutal:cool: thank you ratrod for all your doing

Reactions: horsefarmer

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hello , wow it has changed since i left, i like it! well unlike 1 single thing ... is there a dark mode? or a way to have a background? i mostly read and post this forum late in the day and this white is brutal:cool: thank you ratrod for all your doing
Unfortunately the theme only allows either a light or dark setting and doesn't give the ability to toggle between the two.

• Wow
Reactions: OneHorsePower

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hi!
All old links here should be relinked:
They probably should be, but I'm shutting that thread down for now due to lack of time to try to hunt through all of that to make them work again.

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
It looks like photos that were "PASTED" in on the old forum software are now either gone or limited with a new "Uploaded File Is Too Large" limit.

I noticed the new limit warning shortly after the upgrade, but didn't realize that it also broke all of the pasted pics from the past.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It looks like photos that were "PASTED" in on the old forum software are now either gone or limited with a new "Uploaded File Is Too Large" limit.

I noticed the new limit warning shortly after the upgrade, but didn't realize that it also broke all of the pasted pics from the past.
Give me a link to an example if you can.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Give me a link to an example if you can.
Sure. Scroll down to post 1574 regarding the Electra Straight 8.

You will see the photo that I recently "attached file". But you will also see the little X pic above it (see screenshot below). That little X is an example of that same pic being "pasted" in rather than Attached. When I try to Paste in the same photo now, I get the File is Too Large error. The file size is only 560KB.

1587065513961.png

Jul 16, 2019
America's Friendly Hat
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Rat Rod can you explain the function of the icons at the top of the text entry field? For some reason, they're all greyed out and unable except for the "wheel" (settings?) which is blue. When I click the blue wheel, the icons unlock. Is there a reason for locking them?

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
@Rat Rod can you explain the function of the icons at the top of the text entry field? For some reason, they're all greyed out and unable except for the "wheel" (settings?) which is blue. When I click the blue wheel, the icons unlock. Is there a reason for locking them?
That wheel icon gives you the ability to toggle between BB Code or Rich Text. When it's set to BB Code mode, you cannot do any text formatting...it's basically a stripped down editor at that point only for writing code. You toggle back to the normal rich text editor all of those formatting options should come alive again.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Sure. Scroll down to post 1574 regarding the Electra Straight 8.

You will see the photo that I recently "attached file". But you will also see the little X pic above it (see screenshot below). That little X is an example of that same pic being "pasted" in rather than Attached. When I try to Paste in the same photo now, I get the File is Too Large error. The file size is only 560KB.

View attachment 116889

When you say "pasted in", do you mean that you clicked on the little photo icon in the text editor and then pasted the URL to the image that's hosted somewhere else into the post?

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
When you say "pasted in", do you mean that you clicked on the little photo icon in the text editor and then pasted the URL to the image that's hosted somewhere else into the post?
The image could have been in a PC based photo editor, or a browser based Facebook gallery or Google image search, etc. I right click on that image and select an option like "Copy Image". Then in the RRB post window, I do a CTRL-V (Paste).

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ahhh...okay....don't do that anymore...ha ha. :bigsmile:

When I copy the URL of the photo and try to view that URL in a browser, I get message telling me that the "URL signature has expired."

Apparently if you copy and paste images from places like Instagram, the URLs associated with those images eventually expire and then you end up with a broken image.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Ahhh...okay....don't do that anymore...ha ha. :bigsmile:

When I copy the URL of the photo and try to view that URL in a browser, I get message telling me that the "URL signature has expired."

Apparently if you copy and paste images from places like Instagram, the URLs associated with those images eventually expire and then you end up with a broken image.
Strange. Been doing it for years without them breaking until now. This particular one would have been from FB.

Is there a new lower file size limit that can be pasted with the new forum software? I don't believe it is a URL that is being pasted. That is a different process.

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles