New Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as someone that has sold parts online for years..... shipping totally confuses me lol. I used to ship bikes all over the states UPS 50 bucks or less and the last full bike I shipped was 87.50 to northern California yet I airmailed thru the post office a frame fork fenders to Toronto Saturday for 54 bucks. I never used to ship to Canada because it was expensive but now I almost think its cheaper haha

Shipping

I've bought more than 35 bikes off ebay I was lucky someone told me about a warehouse that would accept packages near the border to me (Blaine WA. 40 mins.from my house) I have all my ebay stuff sent there they charge very little for holding my stuff and then when i go down and get it because of free trade the border only charges GST (they haven't charged duty in years) the high costs of shipping across the border are all the shipping companies because of paperwork(that they overcharge for) but bringing across yourself is easy and there are warehouses near every border for small businesses and people like us GOOD LUCK

Re: Shipping

RPR13 said:
I've bought more than 35 bikes off ebay I was lucky someone told me about a warehouse that would accept packages near the border to me (Blaine WA. 40 mins.from my house) I have all my ebay stuff sent there they charge very little for holding my stuff and then when i go down and get it because of free trade the border only charges GST (they haven't charged duty in years) the high costs of shipping across the border are all the shipping companies because of paperwork(that they overcharge for) but bringing across yourself is easy and there are warehouses near every border for small businesses and people like us GOOD LUCK

me to RPR13
I use "Security Mail Services" on H Street in Blaine..
I have never as much as payed
them a smile when I pass back through the Border.....
when I come back I declare everything!And they wave me through..N.C.

pays to be honest!

Kev.

just dont buy a bunch of old schwinns at once or if you do hope it is not the same border guard. lol old bikes stick out like sore thumbs then you have to say " i have no idea what you mean officer i had these when i left the country :lol:

Hampton Cruiser

So I decided I didn't have enough bikes (Ha!) and ended up finding a Hampton at a local Sports Junkies (they usually sell consignment and overstock, etc)... The bike was cheap ($299 CDN) and dead sexy so what could I do?

Quality is so-so - it uses my favorite coaster hub to hate, a "Hi-Stop" brand... Bottom bracket is pretty poor quality too. But those things are usually crappy on factory cruisers so no big shock... how many people buy 'em and ride them a dozen times before dumping them in the garage, never to be seen again.

So far I love the bike, check it outhere at Vancruisers.ca

I'm still trying to find out who exactly Hampton Cruiser is... From a little sysadmin sleuthing I've found that Hampton was registered by Jamis Bikes, but Jamis has their own cruiser line that uses totally different frames than the Hampton bikes. Go figure.

Latest posts

Back