NEW BELGIUM BREWERY BIKES!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes they give away bikes on their Facebook page. Check Craigslist in Fort Collins; there's sometimes one for sale. Big bucks though. Anywhere from $650 to $800. Outrageous!

I just saw a brand new one in the box still. New Belgium donated one to the Boise Bike Project along with a nice chunk of change for the capital campaign to buy the building.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Was/is there a 2011 giveaway bike? Can't find a link on the New Belgium site.

Just askin......

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yes there was. I think you could write a story or send a photo to win one. Can't recall exactly.
Here's what it looks like http://youtu.be/PlZkdHESdn8

I saw some like that at the Brewery yesterday. I will post some bike photos from our tour later.

I picked up more of the postcards below. PM me an address if you want one and I will send it to you.

Cheers
As some of you know, I am in Fort Collins, CO this week on biz trip. The hotel bar had these cool postcard beer coasters from New Belgium Brewery (Fat Tire).

I have about 10 of them, so the first ten addresses that are PM'ed to me will get them.

fattire1.jpg

I will even try to mail them from FC before I go.

Our team is getting a personal tour of the NB Brewery this week. I am really going to hate getting paid to drink good beer!

Cheers,

Hello,
This is my first post. I just bought a 2011 model at a charity auction. I used to be big into BMX, but have not ridden much in years. I had also gotten rid of my mountain bike that put too much weight on my wrists and I have a hybrid for just casual riding. I'd been interested in a cruiser for comfort and when I saw this bike I had to have it. I knew nothing about it and I found this site in researching.

I took the bike out Saturday and man was it comfortable to ride. The gearing is quite nice, but at some point it might be nice to get a 3 speed hub. For now I've purchased a bell off of ebay. I notice some of the previous years came with a bell and headlights. I would like to get an appropriately headlight if anyone has a recommendation. I am quite behind in my knowledge of bikes. (From what I read here, it looks like I won't find a front rack anytime soon.) I really like the bike pictures y'all have posted here. All I have so far is a bad picture but I'll post it FWIW. (EDIT, maybe I haven't done enough posts, because I can't see an option to attach a photo.)

Also, if it's ok to digress a bit, I have a mechanical question too. Before riding I checked to see if whoever assembled the bike remembered to tighten everything. The bike seemed very well assembed (not sure who did it) but I did noticed the back hub has a very small amount of play on the axle. When I pull the hub side to side the rear gear wobbles very slightly. I wasn't sure how much play is supposed to be there on a coaster brake model. (All of the BMX bikes I had were freewheel and I don't recall wanting any play in the hubs.)

Thanks for any advice and once again, great bikes!!!!! I'm really enjoying this renaissance of cruiser bikes.

trixonian said:
(EDIT, maybe I haven't done enough posts, because I can't see an option to attach a photo.)
Thanks for any advice and once again, great bikes!!!!! I'm really enjoying this renaissance of cruiser bikes.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=172 :wink:

I have 4 New Belgium Fat Tire bikes I got from work.
In the process of collecting the 1999 model.

Cheers!

velocramps said:
I have 4 New Belgium Fat Tire bikes I got from work.
In the process of collecting the 1999 model.

Cheers!

I dont believe it till i see them, specially since it is your first post :wink:

So....
Im thinkin' that guy on CL bought his as 'an investment' and now wants his 'return'. All the wrong reasons to buy something, IMHO. Eventually he will probably get his price; like after 10years or so......

I posted this a few weeks ago on Fresh Finds. but I wil add it here too. A 2009 Employee edition Schwinn. Picked up at a local Pawn Shop in Fort Collins, Colorado.
010.jpg

I still think 2006(the blue one) is the best year. I have a 2006. Had a 1999 and 2000 I sold back in the day. Looking for those two now again and they seem to always be out of reach

I inherited my grandfathers 2000 Electra Fat Tire Model exactly like the yellow one posted earlier in the thread. I had it shipped from Kansas City to here in Oregon last week and it was all but pretty much destroyed in shipping. All I have to work with is the frame and handlebars. I ordered all new parts and cannot wait to post the image of the final product for you guys to see. Cheers!

I owned this 2011 20th Anniversary one for two weeks (which was long enough to clear $525 in Beer Money as part of my Bike2Beer program. :mrgreen:
WP_002680_zps0eace3cb.jpg

Latest posts

Back