NERRB Mrs. Murphy's Donut Ride- April 17, 2016

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Here's our discussion page for the 3rd Annual Mrs. Murphy's Donut Ride!
This is a 30 mile round trip from The Plan B Burger in Simsbury, CT up to Southwick, MA for New England's Best Donuts.

Start: Sunday April 17. The Plan B Burger Parking Lot- Simsbury, CT 9:00 AM.

This is a tentative date and subject to change upon discussion.

Last edited:
Would someone post this on the NERRB Facebook page please? I gave up Fb and IG for Lent so I can't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
"Oh please ":20:to both the previous posts.
Just saying.
I currently work on Saturdays. And I still
love donuts. So please consider a Sunday.
Maybe this will also be a 60 degree day.
...Stevil

Thanks guys,I feel so important now.
I'll bring a VIP bike now...Stevil

Thanks guys,I feel so important now.
I'll bring a VIP bike now...Stevil
You gotta be there. Who else is gonna crash into the trash barrels!?!?:rofl::rofl:

SUNDAY???? You mean I'm expected to get up at 5AM and drive 3 hours then pedal a one speed for 30 miles just to eat a donut with you guys? You are some pretty high maintenance friends. Geez!!!
Well, yeah! :grin:

SUNDAY???? You mean I'm expected to get up at 5AM and drive 3 hours then pedal a one speed for 30 miles just to eat a donut with you guys? You are some pretty high maintenance friends. Geez!!!
Alright, if the weather turns out good I will be there but this time you guys are helping me drink the mimosas that I bring!

Jane and I are discussing a full day of
riding and sightseeing and lunch and
beverages and such. Don't forget
Crabby Joes is just off the path and there
is a bike shop in town. Hope attendees
can hang around and others join us later.
Make plans and pray for good weather.
Stevil:nod::dance2::crazy:

So, how does this work...30 miles that is....is it 15 miles there and 15 back? I've been building get bikes for a bit but only run them up and down my street (maybe 1/4 mile).

Bart

Joe and I offer an express tow on the way back for a fee. We're usually in a hurry to get back.

Barto, We have found a way to do 30 miles
10 up and 20 back. Or does it just feel that way?
HAHAHA, OK, that was a stupid question...I'm exhausted just thinking about any distance over my 1/4 mile junt, but I would like to do this just to meet everyone.....is it cheating if I load my bike into my truck and just follow everyone;) Just kidding, I'll have to go thru my old Rollfast and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight, chain oiled, bearing greased and air in the tires.

SchwinnRay69, if you are attending maybe we can ride up together...text or PM me.

BART

My chosen steed's new suicide shifter for this ride! ;)

giant%20stiletto%20065_zps7blubcjs.jpg

giant%20stiletto%20069_zpsb2y0rjsx.jpg

Hmmm... That's not you typical attitude.
And the quality of that paint job is below
your high standards. Is this the real ZL ?
Or the new retired ponytailed leather wearing biker ZL? :crazy:...Stevil

Joe and I offer an express tow on the way back for a fee. We're usually in a hurry to get back.

The first time I did this ride Joe was in a hurry. We booked it all the way to the donut place which was up a hill after all that pedaling. I thought I was going to die. But after a donut and a few mimosas that I brought in a thermos I was more than sedated enough to ignore the pain in my butt and the burning in my calves to pedal the long way back to our cars. And I didnt even hit a pole :)

Latest posts

Back