NERRB Mrs. Murphy’s Doughnut Ride Simsbury, CT Sunday April, 23rd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you signifying that you no longer have a bike, Steve; surely, you must have more than one?! :whew:

Last edited:
Two more weeks! :banana:
7910fea428d4735edf4735696352d643.jpg

The forecast for next Sunday’s doughnut ride calls for overcast skies with temps in the 50’s! :)

Last edited:
The forecast now calls for a 40% chance of rain on Sunday with temps in the upper 40's to lower 50's :confused:. . . what shall we do?

Either take our chances and go for it or knock it back a week to the 30th but we should at least try to ride in April...
Agreed; we'll decide based upon Friday's forecast for the weekend, if it's not favorable, then we'll go for the 30th. Is this alright?

Mother Nature has been tough to deal with; it was warmer and sunnier in February for goodness sakes!

Yea! Partly cloudy skies w/temps in the mid-60’s – perfect riding weather!!!

Well....? Did you ride??? Pictures???? I miss you guys! My mom came out of surgery fine. She will be going into a rehab facility in a day or two. Hopefully she will be able to get around somewhat. She is pretty spry for 89. Funny story, the anesthesiologist came in to ask her some questions. .he said "Wow, you look great for your age!" My mom said that he was too late, implying that he was hitting on her and she was definitely not interested at this stage in her life. He cracked up. It was hilarious! Guess ill see you all in NOHO. XO

Hi Jane, yes we did ride! The day was perfect for a ride w/temps in the lower 60's and sunny skies - we have a new rider in the group named Johnny who created some studies for a NERRB patch. Ray, Mary, Joel, Johnny and I went on the ride. Ray and Mary took most, if not all, of the pics; hopefully they'll post the pics shortly.

Glad to know your mom is doing well; humor, is a great asset in life!

Oh - and yeah - the doughnuts, coffee and muffins were yumalishous!!!! :)

IMG_3044.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG
IMG_3032.JPG
IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3039.JPG
More pics from Simsbury 30 miler!
We missed you, Jane! Glad to hear Mom is feeling better!
Cool rides....way cooler riders on a beautiful sunny 60's-low 70 degree day. The posse put down 30 miles on this epic ride....good food...great day.....awesome friends. Posse members: Mary, JohnnyBGood, Joel, Jose and me(radicalRay).

We had our fill of Mrs Murphy's donut and beverage. Joel, Mary and I attempted go throw down some chow at Plan B Burgers but unfortunately they were closed for renovations/plumbing issues. Mary and I found Bears BBQ and porked out on some pulled pork/pulled chicken sandwiches with BBQ baked beans and beverage on our way home!

Latest posts

Back