Neighbor dropped off an interesting bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ran into my neighbor in the supermarket a few weeks ago and he said he had a bike taking up space in his barn. Told him to drop it off at my place sometime, fast forward and I come home from work and this is in front of my garage:

IMG_5921.JPG

It's obviously not that old, probably about 10 years old or so Fuji Saratoga. Never seen one before. Interesting frame shape and a Nexus 3 speed on it. Aluminum, has a couple minor dents in it but I can probably do something with it. It's one of those "pedal forward" designs. Wasn't what I was expecting, but kind of cool, and free!

Looks like Fuji's version of a townie bike. The Nexus 3d with coaster brake is the best drive train for a cruiser IMHO.

We had the women's version, had a recall in 2012, so I got a new frame. Nice and lightweight but too long for the better half, so it was sold for a decent price. I swiped the Nexus rear wheel, made her bike a one speed, and it's on my cruiser now.
DSCI0014.JPG

I agree the nexus 3 with coaster is a perfect setup for a cruiser.
51212018_552686098578145_464577348163862528_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back