Need to make a rack, give some ideas.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´d like to have a rear rack on my "cafe racer" but pretty much all the racks are not suitable.
They seem to take all the "racer" out of the picture.
If you have any tips on a good looking rack, please chime in.

This is pretty much the best I´ve seen.
30c1404f8df17473cc03262c3aa9682b.jpg

Last edited:
dependes on the whats the purpose of the rack
this one is pretty much decorative , could not load more than a beer or a rolled up shirt..

could you show the bike its going on ?

if you can build it , a aerodynamic case behind the seat would be 'cafe racer' for sure

this one is pretty much decorative , could not load more than a beer or a rolled up shirt..

It´s the one on my avatar.
I want it fluent wit the bikes lines and it doesn´t need to hold a heavy load, maybe a coat and a few drinks, that´s all.
I have other bikes I can use if I need to carry heavier stuff.

hard to find a nice one on the market for sure , but that last one i posted could fit well i think , with the wood and black lock as a dual practical purpose

if you can build it , a aerodynamic case behind the seat would be 'cafe racer' for sure
Yes, I´m pretty sure I need to make it myself, nothing on the market that I want to use.
At least I have to do some mods...

Since your frame is already modified, make and weld on a rack like the Columbias used to have. Only shape it to go with the flow of your frame with some tubing. There's a few walmart bikes that copied it also. The struts would be minimal and wouldn't get in the way when changing a tire.

8cedc47a1b63eefdd46d7ee0b16ca48f.jpg

Latest posts

Back