Need Help IDing Frame Please

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I just picked up this Kool looking brazed on straight bar frame with no badge today. It came with a bmx forks and bars which I know that these are not origenal to the frame.. It does show the SN #... WAK56568W... Help is much appreciated.!!!

Here is the SN # if it helps..

I do agree but one or two thing(s) is different, the rear drop outs.. Thats whats throwing me off on this frame(s).. and also the rear top tubes that have the slite bend in the middle where the rear brake bridge is located. The more I look at it, the more I see "KLUNKER" in mind.. And seeing the bmx forks and bars on it I do believe it was once was one or heading in that direction..
Oh the other different thing that came to mind was the drop down tube has more of a sharp bend compared to the MS2600 frame..

When i saw the straight top tubes lugged frame and W at the beginning and end of the serial # i thought for sure Worksman but i see what your talking about in the downtube and dropouts maybe an older one or another brand industrial bicycle Husky makes one very similar to the Worksman Newsboy but the downtube is straight with no bend

Well I'm still on the search for the ID on this frame.. but still looking for some help.. I do appreciate for those that have inputed there thoughts on the frame. :?:

I'm thinking Worksman also. This is the best pic I can find right now.

2m7e07p.jpg

DJ Bill said:
Any paint damage near the downtube bend? Almost looks like it may not have come out of the factory in that particular shape.
No damage to the downtube that I've seen.. My thoughts also that it was bent but no, its nice and clean. I asked the guy that I bought it from and he told me that he's had it like that since he's owned it. The other thing that looks different too is the rear part of the frame where the rear brake or fender mount bridge is. It has a bend also. The m2600 picture shows that the rear part of the frame are straight and also the downtube is not as curved too.. This is mind boggling.
Thanks again for the inputs guys..

I've seen a fair amount of variation in seat stays and down tubes on Worksman bikes. (and top tubes on the "standard" INB) Haven't seen true horizontal dropouts like that, but those kind of look like the standard ones, but turned upside down. :?

deorman said:
I've seen a fair amount of variation in seat stays and down tubes on Worksman bikes. (and top tubes on the "standard" INB) Haven't seen true horizontal dropouts like that, but those kind of look like the standard ones, but turned upside down. :?
That's the wierd part about it, previous owner said that when he stripped to old paint that the brazing was all intacked and untampered with.. This frame is 100% origanal, I checked it every inch of it and it looks perfect. Possibly one off.??? Thats the question..

Go to the Worksman homepage and send a message inquiring about the serial number. They are good about answering, I asked them some questions in the past. I also think your frame is Worksman by the seat stays and frame joints. It's hard to guess the year because of the tried and true frames styles.

I can't verify what the serial number means, but my 1980's INB, my work bike, is built identically to yours.

My dropouts point more toward the ground at a 45° angle, but that's about the only difference. Definitely the large Worksman frame. These used axle adjusters like a motorcycle for the rears- like an eye bolt that pulled through a metal bracket wrapped around the end of the dropouts.

Here's my frame at the seat stays. Can't really see in this picture but the braze-on chainguard mounts are in the same place as yours as well.

Good luck with it, they are super strong and solid basis for any cruiser or klunker project.

--Rob

Thanks for the info guys.!!! Well I guess I'm going to rule this frame a definit Worksman but with a twist.. This frame was either built on a Monday or a Friday.. Mistery of the rear drop outs. :?: :?: :?: Now the only thing is the year of this frame..
Thanks again guys for the info..

Take a peek at the build section on the build on this frame.. some will like it some may not.. You be the judge.!!!

Latest posts

Back