Need an Elgin EXPERT to answer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am getting some conflicting info and I need someone to confirm tank fitment on an Elgin.

I am done with a re-do of a '37 Elgin. I have concluded that it IS a '37 (MOS 770396) Murray built. My question is, will the tanks sold on ebay fit?
There are a ton of the repop tanks for Columbia's available on ebay. They say they are for the Elgins too. Not sure if its the Westfield built Elgins only or will they fit the Murray's too?

Can anyone answer this?

Thanks much,
Kris

Be aware, I've noticed on pley-bay, that alot of the listers, list these parts, stating numerous manufactors in thier listings and titles. In most cases they do this for the search mode, so their listing pops up in most searchs of a similiar item. Be very aware of what your looking at. If you are looking for a re-pop, make sure your dealing with a reputable dealer/seller.

Patience is your allie, don't give up to soon on the real thing!

Be aware, I've noticed on pley-bay, that alot of the listers, list these parts, stating numerous manufactors in thier listings and titles. In most cases they do this for the search mode, so their listing pops up in most searchs of a similiar item. Be very aware of what your looking at. If you are looking for a re-pop, make sure your dealing with a reputable dealer/seller.

Patience is your allie, don't give up to soon on the real thing!
Thanks for the tip.

These tanks flooded the market when the Anniversary edition Columbia came out in the 90's. I believe one company put them out. They are all the same (from what I can see) I just dont know if it will fit :)

Too late though, I took a gamble and ordered one. I will report back with my findings.

Kris

Dont be afraid to ask questions. Dont get a reply? Chances are your better going through someone else, and will have a much more satisfactory purchase.

Dont be afraid to ask questions. Dont get a reply? Chances are your better going through someone else, and will have a much more satisfactory purchase.
I always ask questions. Problem is, people will say the tank will fit if they can make a sale. We will soon see...Thanks

Right you are, best of luck in your endeavor., [100% Sellers are your best bet not to get screwed., those are folks who work with the buyer and make sure the deal is positive from purchase to placement., answering questions timely, and fluid shipping.] I look forward to your Finished build! Love me an Elgin Beaut.

Shoot me a picture of what tank you are looking at. I have the same frame here at the house and I think I have a repop tank here too along with the original for your bike. I am Not selling but I can try it out.

I would need a picture of the frame to know for sure if the tank would fit, there are two frame styles that year that took tanks. I do know that west-field tanks will not fit Murray frames

Nick.

Latest posts

Back