neat new Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this would be fun to ratify!
I REALLY want some of those 24x3 red tires!
r_49.25.S7_AEROSPORT_SIL.jpg

http://www.schwinnbikes.com/products/bi ... php?id=787

A bike shop down in Pacific Beach has that one and one in black(seat and tires) that I think they changed up themselves, and I think the black does look better.

but...

ive seen one in person, the "tank" is a little goofy/hocky in my opinion. It is just two tank-shaped pieces of sheet metal welded on either side of the top tube to each of the daul straight tubes. so the effect is if you look up under it, it is a tank it an open bottom. it just looked kind of cheap to me.

Cooooooooooooool

I like it in red... :oops:

I too like it ,just the way it was designed...

maybe if it had a touch of Blue details...
It would be more Popular below the border..

It's very funny how Color association works in our Brains,
sometimes when we don't even know why..

I love The Color Theory Part of my Trade.

peace,
Kev.

It's too bad they didn't match the seat with the grips and tires better. Probably got lost in translation between here and the sleeping giant.

What would be really sweet would be for someone to figure out some kind of 3 speed rear hub that didn't require cables and a shifter in order to keep the clean look.

If you see it in person, the seat is almost pink and looks way out of place. If they had just put on an imitation leather color seat like some of the Nirves have, it would have really matched up alot better and given it a more vintage look at the same time.

Hummm

I wonder if BikeTony will be dumping them on e-bay in a year :wink: :mrgreen:

tires YES!

HOPEFULLY those tires will be easier to get than the felt ones :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Rat Rod said:
It's too bad they didn't match the seat with the grips and tires better. Probably got lost in translation between here and the sleeping giant.

ditto... an old red/brown brooks saddle and some repop bullet grips would fit the bill VERY nicely...

i dig that bike ALMOST as much as the new/old style felts

This bike is a replica of the 1925 Henderson frame. I've sold a couple of them, and it rides really nice. This is just a rumor right now, but my schwinn rep said that they are trying to get schwinn to release some aftermarket parts for the cruisers, like the grips, tires, seats. I sure hope they do.

Does anyone know who carries the new Schwinn cruisers in Canada? I'd love to have a look at them in person... there's a ladies frame on their website I think is super hot, but you never know till you see it for reals. ;)

Bicyclerick said:
This is just a rumor right now, but my schwinn rep said that they are trying to get schwinn to release some aftermarket parts for the cruisers, like the grips, tires, seats. I sure hope they do.

After looking at all the stuff Memory Lane had at A2/Saline, it looks like Schwinn has brought back alot more stuff than I was aware of. Even new Typhoon tires for S7's! I thought I'd never see that.
To look at all but a few the local bike stores, you'd think no one around here was into cruisers at all, but I know otherwise. My wife keeps telling me to open a store, but there's 1,000 reasons why that won't ever happen... :(

I didnt know they made new typhoon tires for s-7's Somebody got a link? im in need...b

Latest posts

Back