Mystery Mahowald bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this bike up at a swap meet over the weekend. The Mahowald head badge was from a hardware/ cycle shop out of Mankato Minnesota. I know that they were just rebadged bicycles from some other manufacturer but I can't figure out much on my own and could use some help. I'm particularly curious about the approximate age and possible manufacturer of this bike.

The bicycle did have some numbers on the bottom of the crank area. It looks like it reads, "5796A" or it could maybe be, "3796A". I couldn't see any other numbers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jay

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

Mid to late 40's to early 50's. I want to say Huffman built (known as Huffy later). Don't think it is a CWC, H.P. Snyder, Columbia, Murray or Ross so I will stick with perhaps a post war to early 50's Huffman. Cool bike and good luck with its identity. Most bikes sold for rebadging (J.C. higgins/Sears, Hawthorne/Montgomery Wards, Coast to Coast, Hiawatha and Western Flyer were primarily made by either Huffy, Murray or H.P Snyder (makers of Rollfast). Really cool find and good luck!

Latest posts

Back