Mystery bike..

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by dragnusa, May 15, 2012.

1. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

heres a mystery bike i got yesterday. It has no headbadge but I can see where it had been. Cant find any numbers on it anywhere. Heres what Ive found from the little Ive had a chance to look at it, the wheel set has been replaced as well as the bars and seat and it has red over gray paint on it. now the sprocket seems to just had the ring added to it at some point it has tear drop shapes in the sprocket.
    [​IMG]
    Its going to get reratted anyways just like to get an idea of what a bike was when it was new

2. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

Ive been told it may be a cwc frame but I cant find a cwc frame where the stays are like this bike, heres a pick of the stays
    [​IMG]
    and heres a pic of the front fork
    [​IMG]

3. B607

B607 Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Kickstand mount on frame says Monark to me. Gary

4. mos6502

mos6502

0   0   0

Yeah definitely a Monark frame. Seems to have acquired some later parts though.

5. twowheelfan

twowheelfan

0   0   0

i agree. also, monark had a data plaque riveted to the underside of the BB with serial/model. so if someone took that off then no numbers.
    check for the two little holes underneath should be left to right.

6. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

Of course when the stripped it and painted it they removed the tag on the bottom. It does seem to be a monark frame not sure of the year yet. they did a nice rebuild of it but wish they would have worked around the head badge and the vin plate

7. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

we found these numbers on the inside of the fork today when we was sanding it down. they are 170 81. not sure if they would help date the bike

8. twowheelfan

twowheelfan

0   0   0

im of the opinion that the fork is not original to the frame. the forks look schwinn to me. and they made that type fork for years and years and i haven't seen or heard of a number/ serial code for the. forks.

9. dragnusa

dragnusa

0   0   0

since this had been refurbed they probably arent the right forks for the bike but being solid im guessing their atleast from the same era