Mystery 12-Speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A coworker of mine, gave me her late, husband's 12-speed road bike. It is super light. No head badge. On top of the fork is the letter, "B," stamped into it. It has Shimano 600 components through out. There is a serial number on the bottom of the frame: AS431099. The rims are, Wobler Super Champion Gentleman 81. On the handle bars it has a, 3 ttt on one side and the Olympic symbols on the other with Competizione on the other side. Have found listings for the components on eBay, but, still drawing a blank on the frame. What say you all?

It is not a low end bike, Shimano 600 tricolor and 3ttt stem are high end components.
I think it is a repaint Bianchi (after the "B" on the fork). I am sure the head badge is under the new paint. Bad idea to repaint it...
Don't know the model. Probably late '80s, Japan made.
You'll get a complete answer if you post it on the bikeforums.net.
Curious if the hole group is Shimano 600. (including brakes and brake levers, front derailleur, hubs). Anyway a Shimano 600 tricolor complete group may bring you some good money on ebay.

It is not a low end bike, Shimano 600 tricolor and 3ttt stem are high end components.
I think it is a repaint Bianchi (after the "B" on the fork). I am sure the head badge is under the new paint. Bad idea to repaint it...
Curious if the hole group is Shimano 600. (including brakes and brake levers, front derailleur, hubs). Anyway a Shimano 600 tricolor complete group may bring you some good money on ebay.
The former owner was in the Air Force, so, he could have bought it, overseas. I made a promise to my coworker, not to sell it or modify it, going to keep and ride. Thanks for the info!

It is all Shimano 600, the rims are by Wobler.

I would be super stoked if i were you! Looks like an amazing rider. Biggest shame in the repaint us not knowing the cut of the steel, imo. 531 vs chromo vs hi ten (!?) vs...... is the bike very light?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

& I vote no on Bianchi. Lugs are nice, build is nice, everything lines up nice for Bianchi, but the shape of that "B" just doesn't smell right to me.

I would be super stoked if i were you! Looks like an amazing rider. Biggest shame in the repaint us not knowing the cut of the steel, imo. 531 vs chromo vs hi ten (!?) vs...... is the bike very light?

It is, super light. The former owner, was the type that got the best and didn't spare the pennies, he was of the school of thought, to get quality that will last.

Looks like the same lugs and fork crown. My money is on Bianchi.

Bianchi_zpswrznpkrq.jpg

Really a nice bike! Should be a great ride. I even like the paint job. Had one, sold it, now wish I didn't (sellers remorse)
Yep, keeping the paint job, part of what makes the bike, what it is. I hear you on the seller's remorse, sold my, 1979, Motobacane Gran Jubilee, some years ago, now, I have a bike that can take its place.

Latest posts

Back