My Wife...I Think I'll Keep Her...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She bought this Monark for use as yard art in her garden...

8822158_orig.jpg

But she let me take this off of it first!

7503377_orig.jpg

She's a keeper, now let the bike build up a good patina for a few years then you can build it as a rat rod. :wink:

If my wife wanted to do the same thing she'd just go into the shop and pull out one of my bikes, the fact that your wife *bought* a bike (or even just acquired on her own)... amazing. :shock:

yoothgeye said:
If my wife wanted to do the same thing she'd just go into the shop and pull out one of my bikes, the fact that your wife *bought* a bike (or even just acquired on her own)... amazing. :shock:

Well, the "long story", and what got me into this hobby goes like this;

A few years ago, while on business travel to San Diego CA I saw a multitude of RatRods while walking Mission Beach with my co-workers. I made up my mind then that I was going to own a"Boardwalk Cruiser" of my own. I returned home, but said nothing to my wife. A few short weeks later she brought this thing home, you guessed it, to put in her garden.

6248550.jpg

I took it from her and did this:

214274.jpg

So, it's taken her years to FINALLY get her "ol' bicycle yard art"!

I'd advise you not to mention that her garden is "storing" those parts for when-ever you need them! :D

She is a Keeper!

If my future wife (whoever that may be) puts that in the garden...I'd be mighty temped to swap some parts out! Lets see...crank, chainring, headset, handlebars, stem. She wouldn't mind rusty parts being outside - I hope.

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey this gives me a great idea :idea: , if I put a few plants around my bike pile in back I can call it a garden and no one could complain about my parts pile :wink:

One good advice: don't use ivy, it takes over your bikeparts in no time. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back