My Son's first build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My son built this bike last October. It took him 2 days. He is 8 years old. Early 90's (I think) Huffy bmx with
70's tuff wheels and whatever other parts laying around he picked out. I showed him how to install the grips with the air hose, and how to grease and install bearings. He turned every nut and bolt on this bike. I rebuilt the hubs and tightened things up for him, but this is his build :D

First we cleaned up and rebuilt the Tuff wheels.
IMAG0567.jpg

Greased up
IMAG0392.jpg

"a little dry Dad..."
IMAG0069.jpg

Having fun!
IMAG0130.jpg

shining it up
IMAG0131.jpg

Next the wheels
IMAG0518.jpg

Left is loose right?
IMAG0482.jpg

IMAG0649.jpg

Out for the first test ride
IMAG0694.jpg

Testing out the brakes
http://www.youtube.com/embed/ir45SvciiJ4

He's very proud, and so am I :wink:
IMAG0696.jpg

That young mans smile says it all! Good job Dad!

Gizmo

Very COOL build!!! I love Father and Son projects..You should post this build on RRBMX! 8) :mrgreen:

Very Cool! Looks like you and the boy had a great time. Good work!

Awesome video of the brake check too! Reminded me of when i was a kid, riding my Huffy in the early 90s and skidding up and down the sidewalks and driveways... then my dad put a white tire on the back. Haha.

Really cool build! Nothing like spending time with your kids...the memories will last forever.

I have owned two of those bikes, one in the exact color. They are awesome bikes. Congrats to u and ur son 4 a will built and awesome bike.

Latest posts

Back