My new Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the seat is finally laminated. It turned out great i think... I bought some brass screws and these weird nuts that get countersunk in the wood so from the bottom they wont be visible. the brass screws serve adual purpose.first they add to the cool vintage look and second they reinforce the seat and will keep the metal mounts underneath. I drillled ony the perimeter holes and i will let the wood dry out for one more day before i cut it to shape.

Then its sanding & cutting the inner holes and staining/laquering the wood

somemore progress pics.. the seat is roughly cut and drilled now you can get an idea of how it will look like. Now comes the painfull and time consuming carving and sanding it to shape

after some hours of sanding and sanding the seat is ready for some final.....eh sanding .The back nuts are in place and i put some diy wood putty in some nasty wood chip offs. I worked with the dremel and made tear drops in all the holes , i think i adds to the whole look. After i m done with sanding i m gonna create a burned effect on the edges using a blowtorch and this will create an aged effect when the stain goes over

Hey guys! I ve been so busy with work lately I had no time to work on the bike:(
Today I managed to do a mock up of the bike just to check the stance and figure out ho i m gonna fabricate the motormounts battery box etc. I used the old handlebars which suck if you ask me but it ll give you an idea.. What do you think?

Did you abandon the sprung saddle set up? It's looking great but it also looks like it might be a little bone jarring with the wood saddle and no rear suspension. Just wondering, keep it up!
No not at all I just didnt have the time to mount the suspension under the seat. Its only kept in place with some tape:)

Latest posts

Back