my first motorized bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well after my lawnmower breaking a axle and me tired of fixing it i bought a new mower
so now what to do with the old one?
hmmm mower engine still runs... beach cruiser bike sitting here saying please build me...
still thinking
tools come in place.... still thinking
g/f says scrap the mower...
that's it!!! time to slice n dice this mower and build my first motorized bike
i have stripped the mower entirely and removed the carb as i intend on swapping it out
so heres the motor as we speak
rear sprocket bolted to blade drive works as a good front sprocket
old handlebars cut into a exhaust pipe
and voila! a start on a cool build

m gonna be looking into a carb that's bigger as well as swapping he clutch setup as this one keeps engaged unless i shut the motor off so im looking to see if i can swap it for a different setup
which bike to use im gearing towards this 1987 rally sandpiper

this is my other but these are played out as motorized plus this ones junk

pfft muffler yeah im gonna put that right on

im gonna be doing an oil pan relocation as well as gas tank swapped with a real one
picked up this speedo from kingfish254 a bit ago in a trade and gonna use it and the dash panel also from kingfish254 awhile back to build a dashboard and a place to hang the pull cord when its running

this is a good chance to test my welding and fab skills as m gonna have to make alot of parts
thanks for looking
Sean

he's right, it won't work. ever used a push mower on a side of a hill and it start smoking? that's what will happen here if turned on its side.
raggedjim said:
Isn't that a vertical shaft engine? WIll it still lubricate right in a horizontal position? I think those are splash lubricated.

Rg

yes i discovered this sadly the engine will not work im looking into another engine
thanks for the posting sorry i forgot to update that im not using this engine
sean

Latest posts

Back