My 63 Schwinn 97cc motorized bicycle build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dowie,
Tonight is the first I've seen this bike of yours. ( I got to it from seeing the splt collar v-brake mount thread) This is so amazing and professional all the way! What an excellent job!
Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Great Build Dowie! I love the inginuity of not using alot of High bling $ parts.

Curious how you mounted the rear Sproket or is that an aftermarket wheel? It looks like its mounted to a free wheel Sprocket but on the opposite side.

Im doing a similar setup with a custom frame and im gonna go with your suggested sprocket sizes for the rear and the Jack shaft. Thanks for all the detail info!

Im looking for an adapter to mount my disk to the 5/8 Jackshaft, any suggestions? Also, Do you remember where you got the 28 Tooth Jack shaft Sproket? Only place i have found so far is Mcmaster Carr at $28, Yikes!

You've got serious skills, man! Whatever background you have you've done your mentors proud.
Like most respondents here, Ive a preference for 4 strokes. I suspect your engine mount height was to clear the pedals? If so, a shorter throw crank, either one piece or 3, would let me drop the engine, right?

Latest posts

Back