Muscle bike I.D. experts needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey muscle nerds, I spotted this on our local CL and was curious about whether it is bone stock, or some parts have been added.

Would this have had the rams horn apes? Advertised as a '60s Rollfast muscle bike. I was a kid in that era, but don't remember much other than the Schwinn Stingray as the muscle bike around our town. Of course, we had a long-time Schwinn dealer, so I'm sure that had something to do with it~!

Couple of pics. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

20Rollfast.jpg
20rollfast2.jpg

Last edited:
Those handlebars look like schwinn bars.
The seat and sissybar look like troxel brand that might have been added as well. Not sure how much help that is to you.

Those handlebars look like schwinn bars.
The seat and sissybar look like troxel brand that might have been added as well. Not sure how much help that is to you.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for weighing in.

It's a Pigbike. Something that someone built. In that condition it's not worth much beyond the parts. Depending on the condition of that Wald Billy Bar... (I'll bet good money that isn't a Schwinn Rams Horn)... that'll be the most worthwhile part on the bike. Scuffed and rusted like they seem to be in the picture, maybe $40-$50 for the bars? The rest of the bike isn't worth anything really, unless there is sentimental value tied to it.

I agree with @ODDER... I bet they are Schwinn bars. Wald bars usually have a extra bend in them and are a hair shorter I believe.
Pull them loose and see if they are stamped.

I need a set of those bars. Have 3 sets of the wald ones.

The bars do look like schwinn ram-horns because they have the straight upright section in the middle. Wald bars have a little bend in the upright section as well as bending out to the sides. The Schwinn bars will be stamped with "schwinn ramhorns" and the wald are stamped "wald" so it shouldn't be a mystery once you pull the bars off the stem.

Last edited:
If you end up selling the bars, I might be interested.
Or if you keep em, I have bar tape.

Latest posts

Back