MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! Done and dusted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! Get going builders!

Is it too late to join this build off?

chepe13 said:
Is it too late to join this build off?
You are welcome to join! :D

Rules and deadline remain the same though, still has to be done by December 1st... :wink:

Luke.

A little extra incentive builders! Two of these stickers will be added to the Crunchie prize pack for the winner!

10396114863_2d07d4a8d5_z.jpg

"Custom Ratted" "Rat Rod All Stars" Converse Chuck Taylor style stickers, got these special order, normally only made in a 4" version for Rat Rod cars and trucks, but I got them made in a 2" perfect size made for head tubes and seat tubes... Perfect for the winning bike!

Luke.

Re: MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! COOL EXTRA PRIZES!!!

Holey Carp! Wild! Whoever wins this will be happy for sure. 8) way cool mate.

10402873725_6ac778a92f_z.jpg

Glad you guys are liking them, they look even better in the flesh! (Sorry I could only find my limited edition black and whites with the black and white badge, don't know where my red ones are at the moment...)
More incentive to push the boundaries!!! :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
A little extra incentive builders! Two of these stickers will be added to the Crunchie prize pack for the winner!

10396114863_2d07d4a8d5_z.jpg

"Custom Ratted" "Rat Rod All Stars" Converse Chuck Taylor style stickers, got these special order, normally only made in a 4" version for Rat Rod cars and trucks, but I got them made in a 2" perfect size made for head tubes and seat tubes... Perfect for the winning bike!

Luke.

Those stickers are slicker than owl poop!

I would like to ad this Charlie Parr can coozie to the prize pot.

I designed it and Charlie had them made up. So if you are a Charlie Parr fan or a Big Daddy Roth fan or just like cold beverages, this prize might be for you. If you haven't heard Charlie yet you need to,so CHECK IT OUT! Bike content.

http://youtu.be/Ow2wrEEeg1E (watch the video)

That is cool! The more prizes the better! :D
If anyone else wants to offer a prize just throw it up on here along with what position or whatever category you are offering it for, just remember, probably best to keep them small and cheap enough for you to post, we have builders from all over the world involved! :wink:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
That is cool! The more prizes the better! :D
If anyone else wants to offer a prize just throw it up on here along with what position or whatever category you are offering it for, just remember, probably best to keep them small and cheap enough for you to post, we have builders from all over the world involved! :wink:

Luke.

I'm a thinkin :idea:
Will pass by the junkyard,and see what I can find. :wink:

With the new entrant sic944t just started, we have 24 builds running! :mrgreen: That is 4 times the amount we got last time! We ended up with four out of the six finishing last time, will we beat that ratio and get 16 or better this time? :?:

Luke.

I may sacrifice one for the other. My graduate program is seriously hindering my build time. I've lost 2 weekends to papers... but I've got a break for a couple weeks. 8)

It appears that a growing percentage of the builders in the build-off feel they will need more time to finish their builds...

Me, I am undecided on it, part of me feels that the pressure of the deadline is part of the challenge of the build-off, and is what makes it exciting, but I know many of the builds have some valuable/collectible frames and also huge $$$'s invested in parts/paint/chrome, so it is important to do them right!

So, I propose a one time only vote on deadline timing with these options:

1: No change, finish Dec 1st.
2: 1 extra week, finish Dec 8th.
3: 2 extra weeks, finish Dec 15th.

If we push it any longer than that it will start interfering with peoples holiday/end of year plans and it might end up being one of those build-offs that never properly finishes, I think that is something we all want to avoid...

So, post up your votes/feelings here within the next couple of days, majority rules.

Is that OK with everyone?

Luke.

Re: MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! {DEADLINE VOTE}

This is in good spirits and I don't think a time frame makes the final outcome heck why not make it New Year's Day
On a side note I'm totally on schedule and I'm new so I have no say but I think life kicks everyone's ... from time to time
So if someone needs more time I think that's fair although a deadline is part of the excitement

Headbanger could be ready enough by the 1st....BUT,
I could also use a week, this Thursday thru Sunday I'll be at a retreat.
So I vote for a 1 week extension.

I think if we didn't let folks in because they started early then it's rather hypocritical to extend the deadline because the guys who waited aren't getting done on time. Just my two cents. Hope that doesn't offend. Gear up guys we can make it happen by the first. :D

With my back yard project, school, work, and 2 builds... I'm feeling the deadline hard. I could finish in time, but the Renegade may not be the way I want it. I really want to do it right, once, and be done with it. I've contemplated pulling it out of the competition just so I could extend myself the time to find someone who can help me with the fork.

So... I vote for 2 more weeks, or New Years even if that helps folks out.

Meh, I vote just keep the deadline. SO 1 for me.

Latest posts

Back