Muscle bike build off 01. Voting results.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for your favorite Muscle bikes!

• I vote for KRANDALL and his LIONESS build.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • I vote for BigFatCat and his MORTICIAN build.

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • I vote for Glen and his CHOPSTER build.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • I vote for LukeTheJoker and his 50YEARS build.

Votes: 40 81.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
This is your chance to vote for your favorite 2 bikes out of the 4 bikes built in the last 6 weeks! That's right! You get 2 votes!

At Number 1 we have Randys "Krandall" build, THE LIONESS! The frame was built from scratch using mainly found pieces, that amazing seat was found while out scrapping! Lots of little features on the bike will keep you looking for a long time. Looks like a very comfortable cruiser! Randy takes the win for the most **Bling!**
dscn0252_zpsa02fc8bf.jpg

dscn0234_zps91021699.jpg

dscn0245_zpsc81db647.jpg

dscn0256_zps9e55636a.jpg

dscn0235_zps84709105.jpg

2013-02-06080115_zps202fcdeb.jpg

At number 2 we have Terrys "BigFatCat" build THE MORTICIAN! The frame started life as a ladies Higgins, the amazing metal flake paint was done with spray glitter followed by red lense paint, the seat started life as a skate board deck and I am pretty sure he is the winner for tallest ape hangers and sissy bar! Also check out that amazing shifter handle in the last picture!
ebe40d47a1ad62e44c151ca072a084f0.jpg

48780dd4cf6cc9081cba62023ee2c7cf.jpg

2e56c451d283b9a155e8c0fd7e523a0e.jpg

At number 3 we have Glens "Glen" "CHOPSTER" Glen joined the build off when it only had 2 weeks to go, and he came up with a very impressive ride in a very short time! It started life as a mountain bike, the twin top tubes were the handle on a push mower originally, the rear wheel is a wide double rim build and the front brake is a cable/chain actuated coaster! Apparently the bike is a real rocket ship because he was able to keep the full gearset, fair to say, it is probably the fastest bike here... Fastest bike winner!
Me2.jpg

DSC_9960.jpg

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9967.jpg

DSC_9971.jpg

DSC_9976.jpg

Glen also provided a video to show what it is like to ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCV3Dx_Tuo

At number 4 we have Lukes "LukeTheJoker" "50 years of Muscle bikes Tribute bike" The frame and rear wheel and hub were scratch built, it runs dual chain drive and dual disc brakes on the rear wheel. The handle bars are double clamped to eliminate flex. Styling features come from a few different muscle bikes and the penguin logo is reference the first production muscle bike released 50 years ago this month. Easily the heaviest bike winner!
8542002898_c0839b8153_c.jpg

8542005250_7df475251f_c.jpg

8540899713_69a96eceea_c.jpg

8542009810_0bcbabdbae_c.jpg

8542011660_2c7403ffb3_c.jpg

There are also 2 riding videos: Video 1: http://youtu.be/fp0LsSKcDaQ Video 2: http://youtu.be/5K0xWtsJHDs

If you want any more information or photos of the bikes check out the finished bikes thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70025&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
And the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=68143&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This was a very fun build off, and I am sure all the builders would agree that everyone wins because they have an amazing bike to ride! That is a good thing, because there are no prizes in this build off!

I should also mention the great work by those who were unable to finish for whatever reason, there are some bikes in the build thread that are beyond belief!

Re: Anything Goes Muscle Bike Build Off ***VOTING BOOTH***

It was a pleasure and an honor to compete with you gentlemen. Good luck!

bigfatcat said:
I have to agree, building along with others was great fun, even though we never saw the bikes in person, the sharing of ideas and encouragement was really great!
Going to have to do it again some time! :mrgreen:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
bigfatcat said:
I have to agree, building along with others was great fun, even though we never saw the bikes in person, the sharing of ideas and encouragement was really great!
Going to have to do it again some time! :mrgreen:

Luke.

I agree too... good fun and good ideas from all.

Good luck guys.

:D

Hello all, first, thanks to all of you for accepting me her at RATRODBIKES. It was tremendous fun finishing my build and shareing with you all. I've never built a bike before and just wanted to build one to fit the tank I had. A little overboard huh :mrgreen: lol. Thanks again to all and to all GREAT JOB! GREAT BIKES!

Don't forget to leave comments on the bikes after voting! Not only do the builders appreciate your feedback, but it helps keep the voting booth thread near the top so more people will see it and add their votes! :wink: Also, don't forget you have two votes!
Gold Street Customs said:
I literally am stuck on what bike to vote for, if this is any indication of what to expect in the annual buildoff ,all I can say is wow!!! great job ...you already set the bar.
I am so glad I don't have to vote! Looking forward to seeing the big anything goes buildoff! :wink:

Luke.

All awesome stuff guys !!! Every one of them is a head turner for sure

Krandall - awesome job on the frame, chopper forks are great and WOW what a seat !

Terry - loving all the rod work, wish I could pull off something half as good !

Glen - Killer colors and genius rigging on the front coaster, looks like that bike flies with those gears !

Luke - Never thought that little yellow twisted bike was going to turn out the way it did, youve got coolness to spare with that bike !

Hello, I was wondering is these bikes are going to be shown in the gallery? WELL DONE Luke, a well deserved win!

KRANDALL said:
Hello, I was wondering is these bikes are going to be shown in the gallery? WELL DONE Luke, a well deserved win!
Actually there is another 13 days of voting yet, so it is still undecided at this point who wins.
There is no reason the bikes cant go into the gallery, I might set that up now! :wink:
If you wanted you could also make a new build thread for just your bike, seeing as you built it from scratch, maybe the "Built from Scratch" section would be the place for it! Don't forget to add any photos you took while you were building so other builders can see how it was done. This is a link to the built from scratch section: viewforum.php?f=48

Awesome bike Randy, hard to believe you built such an awesome beast on your very first bike build! You have some awesome skills my man!

Luke.

First off, I want to thank all of the guys that participated in this build off (finished and unfinished). It has been a blast to watch.
Great to see the talent of the relatively new faces that roll into RRB. Each of you showed enviable skills and wicked results.
I hope that all of you join in on the fun of the annual Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #8 that starts in May. I already see a few ideas to steal from these builds.

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
First off, I want to thank all of the guys that participated in this build off (finished and unfinished). It has been a blast to watch.
Great to see the talent of the relatively new faces that roll into RRB. Each of you showed enviable skills and wicked results.
I hope that all of you join in on the fun of the annual Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #8 that starts in May. I already see a few ideas to steal from these builds.

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!

Thanks dude! I look forward to seeing a skeleton shifter on you build. :wink: :lol: :lol:

bigfatcat said:
Thanks dude! I look forward to seeing a skeleton shifter on you build. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Where do ya buy one of those darn things :) ya could make a killing selling them to ratrod bikers and hotrodders :) (subtle business tip there for you )

Rich

RichL said:
bigfatcat said:

Where do ya buy one of those darn things :) ya could make a killing selling them to ratrod bikers and hotrodders :) (subtle business tip there for you )

Rich

Unfortunately they were a Target Halloween item and I literally got the last one on the shelf. Yoothgeye knows my pain very well! :lol: :lol:
They were originally intended as salad tongs believe it or not. I accidentally broke one seeing how well they could be bent (not well I tell you.)

bigfatcat said:
RichL said:
bigfatcat said:

Rich

Unfortunately they were a Target Halloween item and I literally got the last one on the shelf. Yoothgeye knows my pain very well! :lol: :lol:
They were originally intended as salad tongs believe it or not. I accidentally broke one seeing how well they could be bent (not well I tell you.)

Only $28 plus shipping
:arrow: http://compare.ebay.com/like/2908663272 ... s&var=sbar

Only $19 per shifter!!

Latest posts

Back