Murray Street Machine and some others

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not usually my cup of tea (I own two bikes with derailleurs now ;) ) but for the little cash they wanted for it I couldn't go wrong.
Got it home and saw it has a double grip rear drum break on it. Also, I have never seen a 2 speed bike where the chain adjusts on the front crank instead of the rear wheel.
spring must be close as I started picking up a couple others recently as well... my wife snagged the womans Schwinn for cheap, and a fellow rat rodder was making room and donated a couple old mens frames he had laying around....

That Street Machine is AWESOME and is actually desirable to the old school BMX and early mountain bike crowd. It's a unique bike, but not a serious racer of course.

Nice score!

There several downloads of the commercial for the bike on YouTube:

The Schwinn looks good, and the Murray and Huffy frames look like good starting points for builds.
The drum brake on the first bike looks a lot like a band brake.

Is the schwinn 24" wheeled ?
I didn't even look at the tire size.. but it does look like a set of 24" on a 26" frame now that you mention it.. I'll have to look tomorrow..
the rims (at least the rear) are Komet on it

and thanks for the info on the street machine... or as i like to call it.. the knee bruiser.. i am way to tall for that one hahaha

I have a 24” street machine. I considered butchering it for parts but couldn’t bring myself to do so….

Latest posts

Back