• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Murray Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

i am from Germany and buy this Murray today...
7e4efa7df02ce655e38c54fbc702bd2b.jpg

I am looking for an original fork!! Could anyone help?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The 1960's Murray forks are not uncommon. I believe at that stage in Murray's manufacture, the girl's fork may have been the same as boy's (not sure).
upload_2018-5-6_12-36-18.png

You may wish to find a (perhaps non-original) springer fork as on the top-of-the-line (Sears) space-liner version of those 1960's space bikes?
Above, what I did, was upgrade to a fork with chrome rack and chrome crown.

I saw others at way-lower prices, some did not say what size. Remember there is a 26 lightweight that may not meet your needs (26 x 1-3/8"); these Murray's were 26 middleweights (26 x 1.75"). I also saw a space-liner springer for about $100.

Hi Ralph,
What's going on with the front hub? It looks like a Sturmey Archer dyno drum brake, but with a disc brake attached to it?
Nice looking bike! Do you have other plans after changing the fork?

Hi Ralph,
What's going on with the front hub? It looks like a Sturmey Archer dyno drum brake, but with a disc brake attached to it?
Nice looking bike! Do you have other plans after changing the fork?

Hi, i will give him the original look back [emoji6]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

I can set you up with a murray fork and headset and even a handlebar stem if you are still looking. Email me at [email protected] if you are still looking.

I have all the same but apparently he's lookin for the truss rod set up also .

Latest posts

Back