Murray Cruiser (OO)Christine(OO)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Murray Cruiser

Have you ever checked out about the two remaining movie cars owned by Martin Sanchez (Moochie Chaser) and Bill Gibson (Camero killer) cars?

Dang that is a nice bike and great work, it would be cool if I can make mine a three speed with an automatic push button like on the real cars but I like to have it without any cables on it messing with the lines of the bike which is part of why I don't like multi speed bikes with all those cables but I do have some like that but need their cables fixing like the rear brake on my Raleigh folder.

New Bottom Bracket, now I need a white seat that I am looking at a more local one but I don't know if it will be a regular or Banana seat, red paint and a few more things.

Sorry axsepul about not getting the decal yet, it might the last thing I will get for this bike of which there are a few more things left.

I got the Spectra red but I would have to mix it with hardener and what ever since tyhe only place that has it all put in already and have it put into a spray can is too far away but I never done that before so I don't know whenever I feel good enough to do that yet.

If you need any parts, this looks like the one I am doing also, so if you want any of the stuff I am not using, let me know. Same color too.
Unnamed first build.

Chainguard, kickstand, stem, handelbars.

Looks great, I have this 94 Monterey and two others a 1996 Santa Cruz and a 86 Monterey frame, fork and a few other things with it.

I have every part except already except for a white seat that I can't afford to get for awhile unless the guy that had intrest in my 86 gets it.

I'm almost finished, I need a white seat and she needs to be painted but I wished I knew someone closer to me could help me paint my Christine bike since I don't think I can do it right on something that will have different colors side by side.

When I am done I will try to reveal her in a video like a movie trailer instead of pictures first done just like the Christine movie trailer, I will be using every word that was in the trailer except I will use 1994 Murray Monterey and not 1958 Plymouth Fury.

Better pics of the sprocket.
IMG_20111117_105153.jpg

A better pic of my repop V for real 58 Plymouths on the hood of my RCErtl diecast of Christine that has real working headlights.
IMG_20111116_175438-1-1.jpg

kngtmat said:
Thanks and it was the last one where I got it, saw one somewhere else called 1018kustoms for five less after i got it when I searched for Mercury sprocket in google images.

10-18 KUSTOMS IS HERE WHERE I LIVE. MARTY AND JOHN ARE AWESOME DUDES. IVE DONE BIZ WITH THEM BOTH.

Unfortunately I have stopped until I can get it painted but I'm not sure about painting it myself because I don't want to end up buying more of the Spectra Red that I payed a little more than I thought I would since I had to pay for the hardener & so on, plus I haven't painted three colors before so I I think I will hopefully find someone close to me to paint it for me.

I am still looking for a white seat but everywhere I see one is either to high for my low of a budget or credit card & Paypal, I have seen some here too but about time I have the money their gone.

Yeah they have some good stuff there and the place I got my sprocket said it was a Murray not a Mercury but technically it is since Murray Ohio made them.

My white seat came in today so all that is left is for me to find a place that can paint my Christine for me then I will be done with this project.

Pictures are in the link above this post but I might take some of my own later.

I have a set back on the wheels I got for her, months ago I had to put the wheels on another bike so I could pawn it but not for the $10 which wouldn't have helped out so I brought it back home then I left it outside but after a month or was it two but anyways the wheels had heavy rust on them so I cleaned them but now some of the cheap Chinese chrome is off in spots so now I have a few black spots.

I got these two pieces today to be able to put the V on but even though they have a hole in the middle I have to drill two holes beside it to put the parts to screw in that are a part of the V that is usually used to screw the V into the center grille piece.

I got two in case I mess up one of them unless I can buy a 58 center grille piece at a price that I can actually afford then I can just screw that part into both of the new parts I just got then screw in the V into that.

snapshot.png

Here is the back of the V.
IMG_20120217_214255.jpg

Update: I still haven't got her painted yet which I hope to do when I sell off enough stuff to pay someone to paint it for me.

Update 10 years and haven't done squat. I am making my new Stingray Apple Krate my Christine bike since it's already Red & White. Put the V on the Springer if I can get something to attach it with. I was thinking of making my Monterey a KITT Knight Rider bike. If I actually do anything with it lol.

Latest posts

Back