1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Murray Cruiser (OO)Christine(OO)

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by kngtmat, Nov 4, 2010.

1. kngtmat

kngtmat

Re: Murray Cruiser

Have you ever checked out about the two remaining movie cars owned by Martin Sanchez (Moochie Chaser) and Bill Gibson (Camero killer) cars?

Dang that is a nice bike and great work, it would be cool if I can make mine a three speed with an automatic push button like on the real cars but I like to have it without any cables on it messing with the lines of the bike which is part of why I don't like multi speed bikes with all those cables but I do have some like that but need their cables fixing like the rear brake on my Raleigh folder.

2. HotRodJen

HotRodJen

im diggin! :)

3. kngtmat

kngtmat

New Bottom Bracket, now I need a white seat that I am looking at a more local one but I don't know if it will be a regular or Banana seat, red paint and a few more things.

Sorry axsepul about not getting the decal yet, it might the last thing I will get for this bike of which there are a few more things left.

4. kngtmat

kngtmat

I got the Spectra red but I would have to mix it with hardener and what ever since tyhe only place that has it all put in already and have it put into a spray can is too far away but I never done that before so I don't know whenever I feel good enough to do that yet.

5. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Big_Daddy_Sloth

If you need any parts, this looks like the one I am doing also, so if you want any of the stuff I am not using, let me know. Same color too.
    Unnamed first build.

Chainguard, kickstand, stem, handelbars.

6. kngtmat

kngtmat

Looks great, I have this 94 Monterey and two others a 1996 Santa Cruz and a 86 Monterey frame, fork and a few other things with it.

I have every part except already except for a white seat that I can't afford to get for awhile unless the guy that had intrest in my 86 gets it.

7. kngtmat

kngtmat

I'm almost finished, I need a white seat and she needs to be painted but I wished I knew someone closer to me could help me paint my Christine bike since I don't think I can do it right on something that will have different colors side by side.

When I am done I will try to reveal her in a video like a movie trailer instead of pictures first done just like the Christine movie trailer, I will be using every word that was in the trailer except I will use 1994 Murray Monterey and not 1958 Plymouth Fury.

Better pics of the sprocket.
    [​IMG]

A better pic of my repop V for real 58 Plymouths on the hood of my RCErtl diecast of Christine that has real working headlights.
    [​IMG]

8. jalopyjimmy13

jalopyjimmy13

so did ya finish her :?:

9. dvnport

dvnport

10-18 KUSTOMS IS HERE WHERE I LIVE. MARTY AND JOHN ARE AWESOME DUDES. IVE DONE BIZ WITH THEM BOTH.

10. kngtmat

kngtmat

Unfortunately I have stopped until I can get it painted but I'm not sure about painting it myself because I don't want to end up buying more of the Spectra Red that I payed a little more than I thought I would since I had to pay for the hardener & so on, plus I haven't painted three colors before so I I think I will hopefully find someone close to me to paint it for me.

I am still looking for a white seat but everywhere I see one is either to high for my low of a budget or credit card & Paypal, I have seen some here too but about time I have the money their gone.

Yeah they have some good stuff there and the place I got my sprocket said it was a Murray not a Mercury but technically it is since Murray Ohio made them.

11. kngtmat

kngtmat

12. kngtmat

kngtmat

My white seat came in today so all that is left is for me to find a place that can paint my Christine for me then I will be done with this project.

Pictures are in the link above this post but I might take some of my own later.

13. kngtmat

kngtmat

I have a set back on the wheels I got for her, months ago I had to put the wheels on another bike so I could pawn it but not for the $10 which wouldn't have helped out so I brought it back home then I left it outside but after a month or was it two but anyways the wheels had heavy rust on them so I cleaned them but now some of the cheap Chinese chrome is off in spots so now I have a few black spots.

14. kngtmat

kngtmat

I got these two pieces today to be able to put the V on but even though they have a hole in the middle I have to drill two holes beside it to put the parts to screw in that are a part of the V that is usually used to screw the V into the center grille piece.

I got two in case I mess up one of them unless I can buy a 58 center grille piece at a price that I can actually afford then I can just screw that part into both of the new parts I just got then screw in the V into that.

[​IMG]

Here is the back of the V.
    [​IMG]

15. kngtmat

kngtmat

Update: I still haven't got her painted yet which I hope to do when I sell off enough stuff to pay someone to paint it for me.