Mudd (my name is)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Stuck a chrome fork in it and calling it done. Introducing Mudd. Build can be found here.

20200621_082544.jpg

The beginnings, 1947 JC Higgins, painted with a brush & rough
Mudd47.jpg

Cockpit: 2Fastmoto Bars, Italmabure double clamp stem (modified), Black Oury waffle grips

20200621_082304.jpg

Tush department: Viscount double spring saddle, home brew solid 304 stainless seat post bushed to 7/8" at saddle, single lock ring

20200621_082311.jpg

Fork, front wheel: Genuine Bicycle Products fork, double wall aluminum rim, 12ga spokes, generic heavy duty sealed hub, Kenda K-Rad 26x2.30 tire, headset constructed from 3 different ones to make it all work

20200621_082335.jpg

Rear wheel & such: Double wall aluminum rim, 12ga spokes, Shimano CB-E110 hub 21t edit: 19t (21t was way too low), Kenda K-Rad 26"x2.30 tire, Origin8 chain adjusters, welded dropouts, welded reaction arm tab

20200621_082358.jpg

Crank department: Heavy duty crankset swiped from an Atlas X-frame industrial bike, generic BMX 39t aluminum chain ring, generic shin eating pedals, KMC nickel chain

20200621_082329 (2).jpg

Valve stem covers: Modified pencil toppers

20200529_062538.jpg

Headbadge: Mr Natural decal & Mr Natural wanna-be

20200621_082209.jpg

Paint: Duplicolor Detroit Diesel Alpine Green, some old clear coat that was on my workbench

20200621_080341.jpg

The future:

20200621_080456.jpg

Last edited:
Solid build! Very unique paint color, cool parts mix, and the 'wannabe' photo is priceless! :thumbsup:

Really sharp build. Simple and clean with good choice of parts around the frame. Also, that’s a really cool location for your finish shot. What river is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really sharp build. Simple and clean with good choice of parts around the frame. Also, that’s a really cool location for your finish shot. What river is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. That's the Kankakee river, photos were taken on a bluff in the Kankakee River State Park.

Great looking bike. Perfect for cruising the paths. paved or dirt.
Your tires are labled 2.3. instead of 3.0.

I remember Mr. Natural from my older brother's strange comic books back in the day.

Last edited:
Great looking bike. Perfect for cruising the paths. paved or dirt.
Your tires are labled 2.3. instead of 3.0.

I remember Mr. Natural from my older brother's strange comic books back in the day.
Thanks! You are correct on the tires, I'll make the edit.

That’s excellent! Love the color too! My dad had a bunch of original R. Crumb comics when I was kid. I loved sneak reading those things!:grin:

this build was a great introduction. You really gave is a feel for what Couch Tater is all about. And the bike? It's almost perfect. Needs a fine coating of dirt. Klunk it!

this build was a great introduction. You really gave is a feel for what Couch Tater is all about. And the bike? It's almost perfect. Needs a fine coating of dirt. Klunk it!
Thanks. RRB is great, so many off the wall thinkers here I feel right at home. When I was looking for a new time waster it was either building bikes or taking up interpretive dance. I think this was the better choice.

Very nice, wonderful color and details, clean lines. I'd have included the rear rack myself for the practicality of it, but looks cleaner without it-I love the handlebars grips and head badge to death!

Very nice, wonderful color and details, clean lines. I'd have included the rear rack myself for the practicality of it, but looks cleaner without it-I love the handlebars grips and head badge to death!
Thanks!

:cool2:

Latest posts

Back