Mrs. Edsel (Done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This one is for my wife's foster sister Becky! She has a sweet Checker Marathon in her garage and wanted an early 60's Themed bike. I'm starting with a 45' Schwinn that will sit on Worksman forks.. Sanded all day yesterday and got some primer laid down today.

20150425_130149_zpszpqlu3e2.jpg

20150425_130209_zpsg8dq7adc.jpg

20150425_130526_zpswggakqqf.jpg

I like the color scheme

Ha, you made me look with just the name!

It's been busy at work but I got out this afternoon and made a little progress.

Anyone want do me a huge favor to measure a kickstand on their Schwinn cruiser and tell me what the length is between the bends so I can figure out which one I need to get for this thing?

20150512_193336_zpslklyo9t3.jpg

thanks man! wouldn't happen to have a heavyweight Schwinn would ya? I found a collegiate kickstand at my buddy's tonight so now I really need a length measurement so I don't mash the paint trying to do the multo bendo on it... :headbang:

Last edited:
Hit a snag today, I'm not sure what head badge a 45' Schwinn wears... :confused: None of the ones I have fit the holes in the frame. Anyone wanna clue me in?

But I did have some time today and got the parts I had installed, now I'm waiting for the mailman..I decided to go with some fresh Wald 867 bars since the ones I had would have been the only thing that didn't look new, so I'm waiting on those and some parts for the Sturmey SC3 thats going on it. Hopefully they will be here Tuesday..

20150517_215321_zps77skqylm.jpg

Thanx man! I got a measurement on the kickstand of 10" between bends, but if you have one that fits that'd save me some work making one! :happy:

Ya, I saw that one on E-bay, but I'm not sure the size is going to work.. I'm getting the feeling I am going to have to make something for it.. :crazy2:

I also found this on image search on the web but don't know where you could obtain one...
iu

That's cool! it looks small though.. I am going to need something head badge size so I can use the original holes to attach it..

Latest posts

Back