1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

MOTORIZED?

Discussion in 'BUILD CHALLENGES' started by KickBackCycles, Jul 28, 2011.

1. KickBackCycles

KickBackCycles

Someone has already probably suggested this but, there should be a MOTORIZED-bike buildoff. Or has there already been one that I missed?

2. tvc15

tvc15

I'm interested....

3. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

Custom motor, kit or anything?

Sign me up!

4. Philphine

Philphine

i don't think i can afford to participate but i'd like to see what gets made.

how would it work? find/build a bike, then put a motor on, or would it just start at adding a motor to whatever you might have already? choice of electric or gas or exclusively one or the other?

5. tvc15

tvc15

Wadis da rules, I'm in...

6. Three-Wire

Three-Wire

This could be just the motivation I need to get cracking on my next motorized project... Details, please!

7. mattlgiberson

mattlgiberson

I'm in. Keep it simple. 50cc or 80cc kits. That keeps it cheap and easy

8. tvc15

tvc15

Thats it?
    :shock:

9. SSG

SSG

Seems like that would leave out a lot of people. Not everyone has a spare $150 to buy a kit engine just for a build off, but anyone can scrounge up a free lawnmower/saw/trimmer. I'd say limit engines to under 206cc and keep it low budget, garage built.

Moisstink likes this.
  10. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

So at max a 5hp engine about?

11. SSG

SSG

I think that sounds reasonable. You don't really need more than 5hp on a bicycle anyway ;) I think the bikes should also have functioning pedals. So the rules could be something like: 206cc/5hp maximum engine, functional pedals, low budget. I figure the less rules the better, but I guess you need a few to make it a fair playing field.

12. harry76

harry76

Im in....... this sounds like a great idea. Whos in? When do we start and finish?

Moisstink likes this.
  13. mattlgiberson

mattlgiberson

Fair enough. Either way I'm in

14. SSG

SSG

I'm in. I was thinking that if we each started our build in a single post and then edited the same post as we made progress it would be a lot easier to scroll through than than everyone's posts randomly mixed together. Now to decide on how long, One month? two?

15. mattlgiberson

mattlgiberson

Problem now is we're getting closer to Christmas. I mean if we say that submits at due by Dec 1st...does that seem reasonable? I've got something in mind and wanna start lol

16. SSG

SSG

That sounds reasonable. Everybody happy with the rules and time frame? If so I guess we could start now. Do we want to just start in this tread or create a new one?

17. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

Maybe almighty admin overlord will make a cool spot for us for a motorized buildoff. So we can have all our threats separate, but together.

and I'm in on this build! WOOOOO! :D

18. SectionEightLife

SectionEightLife

Man if we could bump the hp limit to 6.5 Id totally be willing to get in on this, I cannottt for the life of me find a good usable 5hp anywhere. But its practically raining 6.5s out here ...ouchie :shock:

19. MarksA-C

MarksA-C

Restricter plate? :roll: :lol:

20. SSG

SSG

I don't see why there would be any problem with that as long as its under 206cc.