Motorized C90 scene - new to me, maybe not you

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you know how it is. One minute you're surfing the interweb looking at motorized bicycle stuff, when out of the blue something pops up you weren't expecting. (nah....not THAT kind of stuff, lol)
Happened to me yesterday when a photo of a motorized BMX rig loomed into my on-line search. A few clicks later I was stunned to find a thriving custom Honda C90 scene is going on out there. What surprised me most was that here in the UK we have a retailer selling a whole bunch of parts to create the mildest-to-wildest C90 clones using off the peg new engines in the 50-110cc range from the likes of Lifan.
Having just completed my first motorized bicycle build and joined this forum a couple of weeks back, I'm now planning my second build project. Thing is, after drooling over the parts I found were available for the custom C90 scene, I'm fighting back the temptation to be dragged into a whole different direction with my next mb build.
See attached photos to help illustrate what I'm talking about.
Anyone else find this stuff interesting? Or has this stuff already been mentioned before and as a 'newbie' I'm just going over old ground? Or maybe my post is too 'moped' oriented and therefore not appropriate for this forum?

Pete

C90 BMX.jpg

Attachments

• motorized BMX.jpg
    motorized BMX.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 1,471
  • BMX cub frame.jpeg
    BMX cub frame.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
It takes some serious skills to mount a cub motor on a bmx bike (or any bicycle).
It must feel crazy fast to ride one.

Kepspeed here in the UK are now stocking new BMX frames/forks with motor mounts like those I pictured in my original post that kicked off this thread. 'Cept these new frames are wider, capable of accepting fat tyres up to 180mm wide.
wide.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back