Motorized Bike Races Grange Motor Circut Pics&Vids

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics and videos below.

Last Saturday my Son and I raced motorized bikes in a So. Cal Motor Bicycle Racing event. This was our second time out racing motor bicycles but we have done other racing in the past. Last time out in the June race my son got lots of track time in practice but his bike ate a piston ring and wasted a cylinder on the warm up lap of heat 1.........DOH! So this last Saturday was pretty much his 1st time racing.

And in the June race in my second heat I had a pretty hard crash while running second (separated shoulder. so, fractured wrist) so we fixed my bike and at least my son got to ride in at least one race by running for me in my main, he never rode my bike before and until the day before he hadnt even ridden motorized bike before, it must have been scarery hopping on a 50 mph bicycle for the fira st timein a mian event! He rode great but I dont know where he finished.

This time out in the October race my Sons bike (China Girl Amateur Class) was reliable and had great corner speed but there were prolly 5 bikes with a faster top end in his class and the rest around his speed. He rode his butt off keeping the throttle pinned thru many of the turns to hold off faster bikes while running in 2nd place for a while in both the 1st heat and again in the main. His best finish of the day was 4th in the main, I was way proud!!! But Im gonna have to work on his bike for next time and find more speed!

My bike (KTM 50 Mid Range Class) was great, I jumped out to a second place start in the 1st heat but slowly fell back to 5th- 6th finish? I broke late in the 2nd heat bending a rear 2nd gear (SBP shift kit) and wadded up the chain and ending my day before the main, I didnt want to throw it back together and maybe do it again and waste a wheel/ get thrown over the bars.

Anyway heres some pics and videos from the races....

My Mid Range Heat 1 video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxruwT2 ... vEWedGWidg

My Sons China Girl Amateur Main....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dNWQ0nK ... vEWedGWidg

My Son #808 in 3rd place in the main

This thing was for me the best bike there!!! It was diesel powered and smoked like a mutha!!! It sucked riding behind it!! It handled great and was pretty fast with a rider that could ride!

This was the group shot, there were still a lot of bikes in the pits so the turnout was pretty big. The got eveyone to ride 2 laps slow together, it was pretty cool to see.

Mid Range class...

Mid Range 2nd heat with the diesel out front

Re: 10-19-13 Motorized Bike Races Grange Motor Circut Pics

Me in the Mid Range Class, I led (Far right) just before the 1st turn and then a moped blew by (they run mopeds with us and they score them separate). I finished around 5th-6th.

Me again far right running in second at the time

Me again

My Son

Me #888

Very cool. I was able to attend one of the SpookyTooth death races in Tucson before moving. I hope I can catch a race at Grange the next time I visit the left coast.

Further proof that the west coast is the best coast. We could never pull off an event like that hear in New England.

It is a lot of fun and the people are great! It wasnt all roses and cookies though, two guys went down hard, one with a broken shoulder and the other with four broken ribs, collapsed lung, and broken collar bone.

One of the rules is that you have to use bicycle tires and so far nobody makes a real sticky race compound so the cornering is tricky at times!

Latest posts

Back