Motori Morini Franco

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
0abd965cbdfc13a11c4eb62e7b1e1659.jpg

I picked up a really ragged KTM to high jack the little Italian 50cc. I have been swapping it in and out of mocked up frames since I got it home. I realized today I have run completely out of excuses to build with it. The only hitch may be attaching a large enough rear sprocket to keep it under ludicrous speed if someone hops on it and winds it out

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

a9c7bd5a5f80d4829f15ef960bb74d1b.jpg

This was the Schwinn heavi duti and the frame is in really good condition. Those drums were already in moped hoops when I found them and this KTM tank just happens to have a channel to match the frame at the cantilever tubing. I have a worksman fork and I am just stubborn enough to ignore the guys who told me not to do it

I used a rag joint and cut a larger diameter hole in my last sprocket to bolt it directly to the hub flange
b29c0a20a9f1b8e6a56e37a05f318c26.jpg

Other than loosing the chain and bending some spokes this set up has been very reliable with a bendix kickback.
I am tempted to do the same thing here on this drum.
e12facb98e9a75d83014fd19eae8ac8b.jpg

I only have room for 8 bolts with this sprocket. I think I can get away with 50 teeth but I may go larger if it is way to fast.
34b6260d3c5b7ac1f3df278c6f4e6935.jpg

I did not like going 40 plus on the ghost without a spring front end and it would buck at low speeds.
7fb5fb1d3dec8588bd7bdbe6dfa75abd.jpg

I haven't decide what to use to tie the tank into the frame yet either. I am thinking some g10 sheets. I have used it on knife handles and it has a really cool composite look and is easy to shape and work with. I may just cover it in leather

Grrrrrrrr I wanted to ride this today. I still cannot idle and I do not have another jet. I am going to put the rest of it together and just be suprised when thatcstuff gets here in the mail. I am probably telling a story and I will just be kicking it back lit every time I leave a stop sign. I think I will add a concentric barrel suppressor in line here and cross my fingers that sorts it out. I thought this was the original jet from this bike but it did not have an air cleaner when I found it

Latest posts

Back