Motor bike build 1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am gonna start my first from scratch motor bike build. Pretty much gonna build a totally custom bike. Its gonna be a big project so ill slowly be adding when I can. I'm unsure of many details at the moment. Most of the parts like wheels and hubs will be off mopeds. I'll be starting at the motor and build the frame around it.

Motor. Is an e50 Austrian twostoke moped engine with 50cc displacement and a 12mm carburetor. Im going to put a much larger cylinder and piston on it at 74cc. It has many extra bost ports and a large reed block as opposed to the stock pistons port intake. It will also get a much bigger carburetor at 24mm. Twice the size as stock. Ill be making a custom intake for as well. The stock crank has a bronze bushing in at the wrist pin. I'll be putting in a much better crank with needle bearing on the little end to handle the extra power. The centrifugal clutch will also be upgraded with extra beefy springs so it engages when the motor is in a higher rpm. There will be an extra brace across the clutch post to help keep everything lined up and ridged.
Also will be putting on an expansion chamber to create a huge boost in performance.

Someone messed up the studs on the crankcase pretty badly. Looks like they tried to use epoxy without mixing it together first. The helicoil threadrepair isnt even flush. Dont even know what was going on here. I cut out big chunks of aluminum with cutoff wheel down past the epoxy and filled it all back in with new aluminum. I'm gonna have to add more metal and sand it all flat and true / perpendicular to the piston. this is how it sits now.

Attachments

• 20200526_012628.jpg
    20200526_012628.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 20200529_192613.jpg
    20200529_192613.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Yeah lots of fab indeed. I want a cool old turn of the century motor bike. I can make one easier than trying to afford to buy one. Plus its nice to have an adjustable carburetor, brakes to stop and a centrifugal clutch. The motor is horizontally oriented so I will go for a Henderson type of frame. Still need to decide on ridged fork vs. Girder fork.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back