MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rat Rod Bikers, today I got a lot done and pretty much finished the exhaust. It took a bit of thinking to figure out how to weld it up and have no exhaust leaks, so this is how I did it.
First I welded the pipes to the couplers.

Cleaned it up.

Then I welded the sides.

I forgot to take a pic of the next step but I basically shoved the welder nozzle into the end and tried to weld up the seam on the inside. It turned out quite sloppy so I busted out the dremmel and cleaned it up a bit. I also tried to smooth the outside welds too.

I was getting quite excited by this point so I went ahead and tightened up the bends some more on the rest of the exhaust and welded it all up.

And after a LOT of filing...

Then I cut the final angles on this little piece and tacked the shotgun pipes to it.

Boom!:banana:

Ill probably give the pipes a slash cut when I have the rest of the bike done, Ill also dial in the pipe angle and finish the welding then too. But for now this is the first piece done :) Ill start chopping up the frame tomorrow:eek: Thanks for looking!

Looks real good, love the pipes.... have you tested stance yet to see if you might get burned by them?

It's amazing how much work went into those pipes. Your attention to detail is superb. I can't wait to see the rest of this build.

Looks real good, love the pipes.... have you tested stance yet to see if you might get burned by them?
Thanks yea I rode around a bit and I have decent clearance, I just have to be conscious of the pipe...

Love those pipes!

Luke.
Thanks buddy!

Really digging the exhaust!
Thanks! you can see 'em in person if you come to Shiny Side Up this year... Is that History/Kelly Park in your avatar?

It's amazing how much work went into those pipes. Your attention to detail is superb. I can't wait to see the rest of this build.

Thanks KF! Im going for a super clean look this year. Kind of inspired by Hazan Motorworks' impossibly clean builds.

Thanks! you can see 'em in person if you come to Shiny Side Up this year... Is that History/Kelly Park in your avatar?​

Yup, took that pic at Shiny Side Up a couple years ago. I'll be there again, this time with a few different bikes, and maybe one with a motor if I finish in time.

Good progress today! First I spent a few hours making this simple frame jig with some random scrap metal I found a while ago. I knew it would come in handy eventually:).

Now it was time to bust out the cut off disc and do some frame chopping!:rockout:First I cut the tiny welds that were holding the seatstays to the downtube...

Then I cut the seat stays off :eek: Sparks!!!

You can now see where im going with the rear of the bike, Im actually kind of doing the same thing I did with last years BO bike, but no fork this time. Just gonna flip the stays...

That's it for today, tomorrow im going to try and reinforce the "swing arm" with some trellis style tubing and do even more frame copping! :rockout: For now I had to see how the motor with the exhaust looked so I did a quick mock up... Im liking how its coming along if I do say so myself ;)

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
That looks sick!

Thanks! you can see 'em in person if you come to Shiny Side Up this year... Is that History/Kelly Park in your avatar?​

Yup, took that pic at Shiny Side Up a couple years ago. I'll be there again, this time with a few different bikes, and maybe one with a motor if I finish in time.
Sweet I hope to see you there! There's gonna be a few ratrodbikers this year again...

That looks sick!

Thanks kf!

I agree!!

Great work, looking forward to the progress on this one. :thumbsup:

Thanks! More progress coming today...

Hey Jasper, will I be seeing you at Cyclefest in Sac on June 7th? If you come up, Alchemist will have a vendor booth there, so come on by and hang out.

Hopefully! I really want to check that show out, just kind of busy with a lot of work...

Look'n good!

Thanks bud!

Looking good jasper love your stuff. The exhaust is pure brilliant

Thanks Karfer! I had a lot of fun putting that together. Can't wait to hear how it sounds... Braaaaap!
dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe thanks!

Latest posts

Back