"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were me, I wouldn't do the sissy bar but it may be a direction that takes you to a step no one sees yet!

Do what you makes you happy with the bike.
But if you ant an opinion, I think the tall sissy bar is out of proportion with the lines of the bike. Hard to tell about the short one without a side view. It could look cool if it was part of a rack, but I'm not sure alone.
It's a cool build no matter what you decide.

I'm with the no brigade on this one too, but.... I like the pointy bar. Maybe you could use something like it horizontally under the seat pointing backwards? It works in my head anyway :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if you ant an opinion, I think the tall sissy bar is out of proportion with the lines of the bike. Hard to tell about the short one without a side view. It could look cool if it was part of a rack, but I'm not sure alone.
I agree, or maybe for reinforcement or your rear frame but i think i messes up your lines

Frank

Customize!

Some great work on this bike. Sissy bars are for sissys (yes, I have some bikes with sissy bars...)

Good luck, Rg
Thanks raggedjim! Sissy bars are for the girlfriend or wife so they dont get scared when they ride with you on your motorcycle. My bike only has one seat tho, so yea its for sissys:grin:

How about a seat crash bar instead of the sissy bar?

Probably much harder to make, and Im not a big fan of crash bars. Thanks for the input tho!

Thanks Kingfish! The tall one is completely out of the question for me too, since the handlebars, toptube, and seat are all on the same line I would make the sissy bar to that height. I think the pictures weren't doing it justice because despite everyone mentioning that it ruins the lines, I think it looks quite good and flows perfectly with the lines. New pics tomorrow. That being said if I do go ahead with the sissy bar I will definitely make it detachable with a pair of brackets. That way everybody is happy:happy: Plus with it I could use a cool taillight... Thanks for reminding me I should do whatever I want and not succumb to the pressures of the epic builds this year, but I do very much respect everyone's opinion!

I'm with the no brigade on this one too, but.... I like the pointy bar. Maybe you could use something like it horizontally under the seat pointing backwards? It works in my head anyway :-/

Thanks Uncle Fide! Opinion noted. The pointy bar is whats killing me, Im really proud of that silly little thing and I really want to put it on the bike. Under the bike like you said could be a cool Idea, Ill definitely try it tomorrow and take a pic. Im pretty sure that if I do the sissy bar it will be detachable anyway.

I agree, or maybe for reinforcement or your rear frame but i think i messes up your lines

Frank

Customize!

Thanks Frank! I really want to keep those nice lines. I'm going to make sure the sissy bar is the perfect angle and take some more pics tomorrow because I am really starting to like it.

Sissy bar built trombone style so it can be short or tall...
The point on the sissy is cool - maybe bend the sissy into a rear rack...
Your bike is cool whatever you do...

Carl.

Sissy bar built trombone style so it can be short or tall...
The point on the sissy is cool - maybe bend the sissy into a rear rack...
Your bike is cool whatever you do...

Carl.
Thanks Carl! The trombone Idea it very cool, I will probably stick with a short sissy bar for this build, but Ill definitely keep that idea for one of my next builds:happy: I cleaned up the point some more today and polished it up too. Unfortunately I forgot my camera :(

if it makes you happy ....do it ... The only person you need to please is you.
but, what does that same short sissy bar look like sticking straight back from the axle?.

if it makes you happy ....do it ... The only person you need to please is you.
but, what does that same short sissy bar look like sticking straight back from the axle?.
Thanks, and good question!:thumbsup: Ill try it tomorrow and take a pic;)

i vote no for the sissy bar too ... but i would vote for a partial fender at the back just to equalize the look , as now it looks heavy in the front IMO

I vote no sissy bar. It looks really cool with the little spike but I think it done fit in on your bike. I love the look of the back wheel where it's all open at the top
It looks really good as it is.
But it's your bike and express yourself in it and do what feels right

Another no for the sissy. Definitely keep it though, might be just the thing you need for a different build. ;-)

i vote no for the sissy bar too ... but i would vote for a partial fender at the back just to equalize the look , as now it looks heavy in the front IMO

I vote no sissy bar. It looks really cool with the little spike but I think it done fit in on your bike. I love the look of the back wheel where it's all open at the top
It looks really good as it is.
But it's your bike and express yourself in it and do what feels right

Thanks for all the feedback guys! It seems like the overwhelming consensus is no on the sissy bar:( I still might make it just because I want to fab a new pointy bit lol, and I'll only mount it when you guys aren't looking ;)

Latest posts

Back