"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think you should chopp it .. that bent top tube makes a great line , parallel with the new seat stay ... but iam asking myself if the seat tube would bend with the new seat stay/fork?
Thanks 1HP! Im definitely gonna chop it now, I really like that line as well. I did think a lot about rigidity especially with the rear fork, but i'm only around 145 pounds so with good welds it really shouldn't be a problem.;)

This is what I like to see, nice precision work!:thumbsup: Keep it up, looking forward to more.

Thanks Renaissance Man! That's an honor coming from you :). Im definitely trying to do my best work for this build. My boss is letting me build the bike at the garage I work at so I feel a bit guilty about the machinery I have access to... I just final welded the bars today but I still have to edit and upload the pics. I also got that pic of the steering damper for you.
:banana:

Bars welded! Turned out ok. Im really liking how the fork is coming along, so next thing ill do is make up the 1/2" round bar trusses to beef up the look of the fork.

Heres a full shot of the bike so far. Ive always been a fan of baloon tires, but I might do my first "fat and skinny" build. Maybe a Jerald slick for the back?

Thanks for looking!

The bars and forks look slick !!! Can't wait to see the truss rod's too on there. I think the frame looks cool as it sits now, but I'll keep watchin whatever you throw at it :D

The bars and forks look slick !!! Can't wait to see the truss rod's too on there. I think the frame looks cool as it sits now, but I'll keep watchin whatever you throw at it :D
Thanks CCR! I really like the lines of the frame too, but because I got it for $5 I feel obliged to try something different and chop it up:crazy:

Not really a fan of motors normally, but this bike would suit the addition nicely! Looking forward to the top tube chop!

Luke.
Motor is still a bit of a "that would be cool" idea, but no real plans for one yet... Tube chop coming up today or tomorrow!

Moar progress! So I finally decided to chop the frame and add the bent top tube, I cut it down a little and re-coped it for a little nicer line.

Ahhhh:eek: I chopped a top tube for the first time ever. Im sure you guys remember your first time;)

New tube fits like a glove with a 3 inch lug:grin:

Some welds...

After some grinding and a lot of filieng of the top tube weld I threw the fork and wheels back on and I have to admit Im really happy with how it turned out.

I know I said I was gonna do the fork trusses next, but I think Illl try and finish the rear seatstay/swingarm tomorrow and chop even more of the frame up!
Thanks for looking!

Yeah, something very much like that, or even a piece of lighter tube run up from the down tube/head join, up to the centre of the top tube and back down to the seat post at the same angle. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a good idea thanks, unfortunately i jumped the gun and already chopped and welded the new top tube! Maybe next time :cool2:

Latest posts

Back