"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A cool build! Sounds like your rear "swingarm" is headed in the direction of what I'm doing for my Enigma build?
Thanks Fordsnake, while I am using a fork to replace the "seatstays" I am not stretching the wheelbase and it will not connect to the downtube anywhere near the seat, it really is going to look like a modern motorcycle swingarm. Ill upload some new pics right now...

Hey RatRod Bikers! Thanks for all the likes and comments! I got a little more progress today but not much, First I made up some new bars to try a different angle for the clip-ons and spent some time getting a nicer weld.

Then I cut the threaded fork tube all the way down and coped it to fit the seat tube and it fits better than I expected. Next on the list is cutting and welding to the dropouts and then i can remove the seatstays.

Thanks for looking!
Cheers.

I got a little more progress today, more like a sidetrack, I decided to modify the top tube of the frame so I tried to bend up some tube. I only have a crappy 16ton Chinese press bender with the wrong dies so I tried the old trick of filling the tube with wet sand and welding the ends closed.

It didnt work very well but ill probably go with it unless i can find a local fab shop to do a quick bend for me.

sweet frame work :D

i think you should chopp it .. that bent top tube makes a great line , parallel with the new seat stay ... but iam asking myself if the seat tube would bend with the new seat stay/fork?

This is what I like to see, nice precision work!:thumbsup: Keep it up, looking forward to more.

MDCSpecial3-4.jpg

MDCSpecial3-5.jpg

MDCSpecial3-2.jpg

Very clean work! Precision-city...
Thanks SILVERKINGPC! haha here in San Jose/silicon valley its more likely someone would use CAD design and 3D print it... did you know people are 3D printing titanium now?!?! mind blown!

Latest posts

Back