MOSBY'S RAIDERS | POST SHOW LIVE | Ride Shots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mosby's Raiders | New Departure Model D all polished up

Awesome bike. Now tighten that chain! :lol:

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Half Way Thought of the Day

Wise guy answer: as many times as it takes to get it juuuust right :wink:

I didn't know you where using training wheels!!

bike2112 said:
kingfish254 said:
I didn't know you where using training wheels!!

I only use them to train on. Actually, i was going to hijack the 3/8 bolts in them, but decided my son needs them more than I do. LOL

LOL, you got it bad if you were willing to jack parts from your kids training wheels. Too funny.
Paint is looking good!!!

Re: Mosby's Raiders | New Departure Model D all polished up

bike2112 said:
Hello Fellow Rat Rodders. We are about mid way through the build and I stopped and thought about something interesting and wanted to get a sense of how many of us out there have put together and taken apart and put together and taken apart and put together....our bikes, just to get things the way we want. I took a couple of pictures today of how my bike looks right now. Feel free to share how many times you put a part on and take it off, bend it, change it, throw it etc. and put it back on.

DSCN3881.jpg

DSCN3882.jpg

These shots are just great, what it's all about. What's up with the training wheels? Like what I see in your thread.

:lol: :lol: I only use them to train on. :lol: :lol:

Re: Mosby's Raiders | New Chainring and Stems Painted

This bike keeps getting better.It looks like the paint matches perfect :wink: I wasn't sure about the bars at first but this is becoming one of my favorites.Keep it coming 8) 8)

bike2112 said:
raggedjim said:
Looks like you are down to the details!

Nice bike getting nicer, Rg

I'm getting there. The wife and kids being in Williamsburg, VA this week has definately given me more evening time to mess around. I'm trying to bang out as much as possible so I can have a few weeks left to change everything again....and again.....and so on.

In general though, it is amazing how well everyones bikes are coming togethere. There is such an extreme talent pool with this group and everyone has soo much knowledge and skill. This build off is like a time capsule in a way. I mean, someone who has never built a custom bike, could read through everyones posts and become a custom bike builder. If we all stepped back and looked at all the amazing stuff going on, you would have a degree in custom rat rods.......sorry, I'm rambling on, but I am just soo impressed with how awesome everyone is doing and just grateful to be a part of such a wicked awesome community. Thank's all.

You're right, it's cool to see what people come up with. We have all escaped the box... some more than others!

Rg

Totally agree with the last few comments.
Last year was my first build and first build off. It left a lasting impression on me and I have been anxiously waiting for this one ever since. The talent, comraderie, and mind blowing creativity is unbeatable.
I don't think I would take it as far as saying that on build off is more outside the box than previous ones, just different. Go back and look through the build threads from previous build offs and prepare to have your mind re-blown just as much as it is on our current build off.

It's an honor to be working with (and against :wink: ) all of you!!!!!!!!

Re: Mosby's Raiders | Saddle Up!

I really liked it between the bars better too.

Agreed,between the bars.The seat looks great :wink:

No, but I think we are about to.

:D

I've thought about it.Just haven't had the right build.You should do it.Maybe just use suede for the graphic on the tank.I think the whole tank being suede may be too much with it so close to the seat.Let's see what you have in mind 8) 8)

Quick question. How did you clean the skip tooth chain up on your '41 Colson?

I'm not a cat person, but that is a cool photo and an even cooler bike!

Latest posts

Back